This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|On-Demand Audio & Podcasting Platform|
|Available in||English, Spanish|
|Traded as||AIM: BOOM|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|No. of locations||London, New York City, Melbourne & Mumbai|
|Key people||David McDonagh, Jon Del Strother, Stuart Last, Ruth Fitzsimons|
|Native client(s) on||iOS & Android|
AudioBoom PLC is a global on-demand audio and podcasting distribution platform. AudioBoom offers business-to-business services to the radio, media and podcast industries, as well as an Audioboom direct-to-consumer app and website to website.
AudioBoom is an end-to-end solution for hosting, publishing, distributing and monetizating on-demand content. Key features include:
- Unlimited audio hosting on branded content channels through a publisher dashboard
- Automated distribution through partnerships with iTunes, Google Play Music, Stitcher, Facebook, Twitter and Spotify
- Mobile app and embeddable media players for sharing on websites and mobile
- Advanced analytics and consumption data
- Monetization through podcast sponsorships and a built-in ad network
Key users and partners
- Russell Brand's podcast series, featuring Matt Morgan and resident poet Mr. Gee, launched exclusively on audioBoom in February 2015.
- Cumulus Media publish on-demand content from over 450 of their radio stations.
- Westwood One provide ad-sales services and distribute major syndicated radio shows through the platform.
- Associated Press distribute hourly news updates to their partner websites using AudioBoom.
- Zee TV post entertainment, news and general interest content across their Zee, DNAIndia and Ditto brands.
- Kidd Kraddick In The Morning show joined in January 2013 and became the most popular channel on the platform.
- The Guardian used the apps to liveblog news and gather reactions, including from the Gaza Strip and from the site of the Boston Marathon bombing.
- Yahoo! Sports Radio host their Podcast Arena shows.
- BBC Radio, including radios 2, 4 and 6, a number of local radio stations, and several World Service non-English language stations.
- The Premier League joined in late 2013, hosting its podcast and promoting the use of audioBoom among Premier League clubs.
- Stephen Fry promoted and still uses the application, and recorded a welcome message which was sent to all new users.