|Products||Digital watermarking and anti-piracy|
AudioLock is a music-specific anti-piracy service founded in 2010 by former DJ and electronic music producer Ben Rush. AudioLock specialises in the automated removal of infringing music content, using DMCA notices, across search engines Google, Yahoo, Bing and Yandex as well as cyberlockers, torrent sites, Usenet, SoundCloud, YouTube, Dailymotion, file search engines, VK, Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites. Digital watermarking is also used for the sending of promotional copies of the music in digital form to prevent pre-release leaks and detect their origin if distributed.
Partnerships and Memberships
AudioLock is a member of the American Association of Independent Music (A2IM), the Association of Independent Music (AIM) and the Association For Electronic Music (AFEM). It is also partnered with numerous digital service providers, Trade association and distributors including; Traxsource, Believe Digital, Music Publishers' Association (MPA) and !K7
Education and Public Speaking
AudioLock offer education on the subject of music anti-piracy to the public and the wider music industry through its public speaking engagements and ambassador program.
On the BBC
In July 2016 AudioLock CEO Ben Rush was interviewed by BBC Radio 1 for its Newsbeat program to provide specialist insight into pirate download stores and their effect on dance music. Also interviewed were Mark Lawrence from the AFEM and Stuart Knight, Director of Toolroom Records.
AudioLock have been invited to talk about music anti-piracy an numerous notable industry events. These include:
- XPONorth (Inverness, Scotland June 2016)
- Brighton Music Conference (Brighton, England 2016)
- Import.io Data Summit (London, England 2014)
- Amsterdam Dance Event (Amsterdam 2015)
- International Music Summit (Ibiza 2015 & 2017)
- BPM Pro (Birmingham, England 2016)
In 2013 AudioLock in conjunction with the Association of Independent Music (AIM) held its first Music Piracy Prevention Forum in London. This led to the event being held again in 2015 along with the publication of a white paper: "The Music Anti-Piracy Best Practice Guidelines".
At the 2017 International Music Summit in Ibiza AudioLock chaired the Protect Mental & Physical Health for Fans & Professionals work group which saw him present to Pete Tong and other select industry at a screening of Pioneer and DJ Sound's new documentary on mental health in the music industry. At the same event AudioLock also presented a talk entitled 'Maximising Your Music & Royalties - The New Way'; Looking at a future of free anti-piracy protection and enhanced royalty payments for rights holders at every level.
In a bid to extend understanding of music anti-piracy to the wider music community, AudioLock have established an ambassador program made up of thought leaders from across the music industry. These volunteer Ambassadors include entertainment lawyer and former Radio 1 DJ Judge Jules; current owner of Fierce Angel, Mark Doyle; Cafe Mambo Ibiza resident DJ & Award Winning Producer Ridney; DJ, Producer, Festival Organiser, Radio Presenter DJ Doctor Feelgood; and DJs, Producers, YosH Tribe Label founders, FooR.
- "AudioLock.NET launches music piracy protection sol". Be At TV. Archived from the original on 2016-01-27. Retrieved 2015-12-01.
- "Piracy: The music industry strikes back". 4pt5.com. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- Whitehurst, Andrew. "GOLDIE BECOMES ANTI-PIRACY AMBASSADOR". DJ Magazine.
- "Protect Your Music w/ AudioLock & Increase Sales". Traxsource.com.
- "AudioLock - Do We Want More Piracy Protection?". Hypebot.com.
- "MPA AND AUDIOLOCK OFFER ANTI-PIRACY MEASURE". M Magazine.
- "Anti-piracy platform AudioLock.NET announce new deal with Defected Records". Music Think Tank.
- "Traxsource partners Audiolock against piracy". idmmag.com/.
- "Believe announces partnership with anti-piracy firm". completemusicupdate.com.
- "MPA AND AUDIOLOCK OFFER ANTI-PIRACY MEASURE". m-magazine.co.uk.
- "GERMANY'S !K7 TEAMS UP WITH ANTI-PIRACY GROUP AUDIOLOCK". musicbusinessworldwide.com.
- "AUDIOLOCK FOR YOUR MUSIC PROTECTION NEEDS". 23 May 2015. Archived from the original on 6 May 2016. Retrieved 15 July 2016.
- Jimmy Blake (21 July 2016). "Pirate sites are 'affecting dance music in a bad way'". Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- XpoNorth. "XpoNorth Festival Programme". XpoNorth. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- Love, Belinda. "XpoNorth Live! 2016: Interview with Tristan Hunt". XpoNorth. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "Professional & Academy Programme Launched - Brighton Music Conference". Brighton Music Conference. 11 March 2016. Archived from the original on 30 June 2016. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- import.io (3 July 2014), Data Summit 2014 - Ben Rush, retrieved 21 June 2016
- "Ben Rush - Speakers - Amsterdam Dance Event". Amsterdam Dance Event. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- International Music Summit (18 June 2015), IMS Ibiza 2015 - Taking Back Control of Your Content, retrieved 21 June 2016
- "Day Three Highlights From IMS Ibiza 2017 - IMS". IMS. 2017-05-26. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- "BPM | PRO - DJ & Studio | Sound & Lighting". BPM | PRO - DJ & Studio | Sound & Lighting. Retrieved 20 September 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "AUDIOLOCK FOR YOUR MUSIC PROTECTION NEEDS". Verse 69.com. Archived from the original on 2016-05-06. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- Robley, Chris. "How to protect your music against piracy". CD Baby.
- "INTRODUCING...AUDIOLOCK - MAXIMISING YOUR MUSIC & ROYALTIES – THE NEW WAY - IMS". IMS. Retrieved 2017-06-27.