AudioPorn Records official logo
|Genre||Drum and bass; dubstep; electro|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Official website||Audioporn Official|
AudioPorn Records is a British independent record label based in Essex. It releases electronic music, primarily drum and bass. It was founded in 2007 by producer Shimon Alcoby. AudioPorn Records is credited with the discovery of Dirtyphonics, who won "Best Newcomer Producer" award from Drum and Bass Arena in 2009. Recent signings include Xilent and Youthstar who have been nominated as "Best Newcomer Producer" and "Best Newcomer MC" respectively by the Drum and Bass Arena Awards in 2011. AudioPorn have their own stage at Vienna’s Beatpatrol festival, one of Europe’s major annual festivals.
Label's roster of exclusive artists includes Xilent, High Maintenance, Mediks, Fourward, Dilemn, Youthstar and Shimon, with past releases from artists like Dirtyphonics, Tha New Team, Camo & Krooked, Hybrid Minds, Sparfunk, Tali, RAM Trilogy, PLAYMA, Disaszt and Moving Fusion.
From 1994 to 2006 Shimon (DJ) was an integral part of RAM Records, established in 1992 by Andy C and Ant Miles. Shimon produced many hits such as "Quest", "Hush Hush", "Body Rock" and "The Shadow Knows". He also made up one-third of Ram Trilogy, alongside Ant Miles and Andy C which released tracks such as "Chase Scene", "Gridlock", "Titan", "Beastman", and "Screamer" helping to build the label’s reputation.
In 2007, Shimon parted from Ram Records and launched AudioPorn Records. He hit the ground running with releases from Shimon, Matrix, and Sparfunk, as well as a return by Ram Trilogy. The label quickly established itself in the drum and bass scene, discovering talent like the French quartet Dirtyphonics, who released their first single French Fuck/Bonus Level on AudioPorn in 2008. In 2009 Dirtyphonics released twice more on AudioPorn with the Quarks EP and following on with Vandals, which earned the #1 spot in the "Beatport All-time classics" chart and coined the phrase "It started as a rave and ended as a riot". Dirtyphonics became largely successful and are well known for their unusual live performances and remixes for the likes of Nero (band), ShockOne, The Bloody Beetroots, Does It Offend You, Ya? and Skrillex.
In 2010, the Austrian duo Camo & Krooked made a guest appearance on the label with ‘History of the Future’. They went on to win "Best Newcomer DJ" that year in the Drum and Bass Arena Awards. Meanwhile, Shimon reunited with other Ram alumni Ant Miles & Moving Fusion on ‘Pimp Slap’ and shortly after released Tantrum Desire’s Jump-up remix of ‘The Smoker’, backed with ‘Vengeance’, a 2-step hit modelled after the swing-beat made famous by ‘Body Rock’.
In 2011, AudioPorn announced the release of ‘Dark Days, High Nights’, an artist album and supplementary live cover album from MC Tali, a female MC, who worked with artists like Ed Rush, Dirtyphonics, Benny Page, SKisM and Dodge & Fuski. Later in 2011, AudioPorn signed three more artists - Xilent, High Maintenance and Fourward. In May 2011 Xilent released his 'Choose Me' EP including 'Choose Me II' which peaked at #1 spot on Beatport’s Dubstep chart and stayed in the Top 5 for 3 months. High Maintenance released his debut single "With You" in addition to Xilent’s dubstep-heavy, electro inspired "Skyward" EP released in December 2011 as well as Tha New Team’s "Mosh Pit" release in February 2012.
In 2012 AudioPorn had the highest number of releases to date with EPs and singles from Xilent, High Maintenance, Dilemn, Fourward, Tha New Team and Hybrid Minds. AudioPorn also exclusively signed another artist to the label - a Bristol-based drum and bass trio Mediks, who delivered their debut release Outbreak EP, followed by Fast Lane EP later in the year.
2013 began with the release of Xilent's single Boss Wave along with the official video directed by Kristofer Ström, which received over a million views on UKF Dubstep YouTube channel. The track took the #1 position in the Beatport's Top 10 dubstep tracks chart four days after the release and stayed at the #1 spot for two weeks. In February Fourward released their Aftermath EP featuring Youthstar on the title track.
- Benny L
- High Maintenance
- James Marvel
- Dub FX
- Naked Fish
- Hybrid Minds
- Tha New Team
- "AudioPorn Records Label Biography". Full Effect Promo. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- Nu Urban Music - Drum and Bass Vinyl Distributor, Record & MP3 Shop. "AudioPorn Records - Nu Urban Music - Drum n Bass". Nu Urban Music. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 12 August 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-28.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- IMO Records (2011-11-28). "News: Drum and Bass Artists: DnB Arena Awards Nominees - The IMO Records Blog". Imorecords.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2012-08-01. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "BeatPatrol.at". BeatPatrol.at. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "[Labelz] Audioporn Records". HeadZ Will Roll NYC. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- IMO Records (28 October 2011). "Ram Records Label Biography - The IMO Records Blog". Imorecords.co.uk. Archived from the original on 25 April 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- Kmag Magazine, Issue 96 Available At : http://content.yudu.com/publishing/Freedom/Ag4ct/Kmag096/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kmag.co.uk%2Feditorial%2Fback-issues%2F
- "Ram Trilogy Discography at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Articles - Dirtyphonics". Everyday Junglist. Archived from the original on 16 January 2010. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Shimon". Circle Talent Agency. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Best Coast". Xpressmag.com.au. Archived from the original on 21 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Features: Drum & Bass, Dubstep, Hip Hop, Breakbeat and Grime Features". Kmag.co.uk. Archived from the original on 24 March 2011. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Tha New Team – Mosh Pit [Audio Porn Records". Stereocraft Music. Archived from the original on 18 November 2016. Retrieved 27 May 2012.