Optical audio disc
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Audio CD)
An Audio optical disc is an optical disc that stores sound information such as music or speech.
It may specifically refer to:
- Compact disc (CD), an optical disc used to store digital data (700 MB storage)
- Compact Disc Digital Audio (CD-DA), a CD that contains PCM encoded digital audio in the original "Red Book" CD-DA format
- 5.1 Music Disc, an extension to the red book standard that uses DTS Coherent Acoustics 5.1 surround sound
- Compressed audio optical disc, an optical disc storing MP3s and other compressed audio files as data, rather than in the Red Book format
- DVD, 4 GB single layer, 8 GB double layer storage
- Blu-Ray, 25 GB single layer, 50 GB double layer
- BD-Audio, a Blu-ray disc that is capable of audio-only playback
- CD-4 or Compatible discrete four-channel sound, a variety of quadrophonic audio for vinyl records
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Optical audio disc.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.