Audio Science Review
This article has multiple issues. Please help to improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Type of site
|Review & Discussion Forum|
|Key people||Thomas Savage (Retired)
Brad Wood (Moderator)Adam G (Moderator)
ASR was founded in February 2016 by Amir Majidimehr (amirm), who resides in the area of Seattle, Washington in the USA. He was Vice President of Microsoft's Digital Media Division until retiring in 2008. He is an electrical engineer by degree and hobby, with professional experience including software and signal processing, such as the development of audio codecs.
Using industry standard electronic test and analysis equipment, ASR initially focused on evaluating the performance of desktop audio equipment such as digital-to-analog converters (DACs) and headphone amplifiers. Reviews have since expanded into many other kinds of home audio and professional audio equipment, provided largely by forum members and some manufacturer submissions.
Audio equipment testing using measurement based methods is contentious. ASR advocates for evaluations based on established peer-reviewed studies in electronics, signal processing, acoustics and psychoacoustics.
- "amirm". Audio Science Review. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "A bit about your host..." Audio Science Review. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "Amir Majidimehr". LinkedIn. Retrieved 18 September 2021.
- "audiosciencereview.com Traffic Statistics". SimilarWeb. Retrieved 18 September 2021.
- "ASR Forums". Audio Science Review. Retrieved 18 September 2021.
- "Master Review Index". Audio Science Review. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "The Speaker Data Revolution". Speaker Data 2034. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "Audio Science Review Channel". YouTube. Retrieved 18 September 2021.