Audiobook Cutter Free Edition
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Meline and Philipp Henkel|
|Initial release||May 16, 2006
(as AudiobookCutter 0.2.0)
|Stable release||220.127.116.11 (March 24, 2010[±])|
|Preview release||Non [±]|
|Available in||Arabic, German, English,
Spanish, Basque, French,
Croatian, Japanese, Dutch,
Polish, Portuguese, Swedish
|Type||Digital audio editor|
Audiobook Cutter Free Edition is a software tool which splits MP3 audiobook files into smaller ones without re-encoding. The original file is split into a series of sequentially numbered files at regular time intervals. The period of the subdivision can be set from 15 seconds to 80 minutes. No attempt is made in the free edition to adjust the division points to occur during a period of silence.
The main purpose of this MP3 splitter is to make audiobooks, analog recordings of speech or long podcasts more manageable in a user-friendly way: The split files can easily be used on mobile MP3 players because of their small-size and their duration allows smooth navigation through the book. The application is accessible for visually impaired users. Audiobook Cutter Free Edition supports screen readers and screen magnifiers.
- List of free audio software
- List of portable software
- Audacity - A free cross-platform audio editor which is suited for the creation and fine-tuning of long analog recordings.
- mp3DirectCut - a free MP3 editor which can split and join MP3 audio losslessly.
- Audiobook Cutter - .com
- Audiobook Cutter - .de
- AudiobookCutter on SourceForge.net - archive of last open source version (0.7.5)
- Article on Audiobook Cutter: Ideal solution for visually impaired
|This multimedia software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|