|Fate||Acquired by ReverbNation|
|Headquarters||Queens, New York|
|Alex Jae Mitchell (Co-Founder), Benjamin Sklovsky (Co-Founder)|
Online service provider
Audiokite is an online market research company based in New York, offering consumer research and opinion polling to musicians and labels. Using the Amazon Mechanical Turk service and an internal reviewer filtering process, the service streams music over the internet to U.S.-based music consumers and administers a survey. The results are organized into a report, which determines eligibility for a variety of discounts and opportunities through partnerships with music services including Bandzoogle, New Artist Model, Feature.fm, and others.
In an article about data in the modern music industry, Forbes noted that "More and more artists are A/B-testing their music, either on their own or through market research services like Audiokite."
The company was founded in 2014 by musician Alex Jae Mitchell and law student Benjamin Sklovsky, following their previous music venture. Citing the accessible price point, the service earned praise from members of the music technology community following its launch.
Audiokite was acquired by ReverbNation in November 2016 for an undisclosed sum. ReverbNation CEO Mike Doernberg reported the reasoning behind the acquisition was to "deliver more comprehensive and insightful information to promoters of festivals, licensing companies and radio at a much broader scale."
- "AudioKite". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "How To Objectively Pick Your Best Songs (Or Find Out If You Just Completely Suck)". Digital Music News. 2015-05-11. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- Todd Thomas (10 August 2016). Get More Fans: The DIY Guide to the New Music Business: (2016 edition). Jesse Cannon. pp. 88–. ISBN 978-0-9837577-2-6.
- "What Do The World's Highest-Paid Musicians Sound Like?". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "Audiokite: Helping Music Artists Get Fast, Actionable Market Insights". Amazon. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "The Importance of Market Research in Music". Music Biz Podcast. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "Audiokite Opportunities". Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "Queens startup offers independent musicians feedback from public - QNS.com". QNS.com. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "Audiokite: Honest Feedback And Stats On Your Songs". 2014-10-27. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "The power of data for indie musicians". 2015-04-01. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "SoundOut vs AudioKite vs Music Xray - Passive Promotion". 2014-10-29. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "What Artists Should Know About AudioKite - MTT - Music Think Tank". www.musicthinktank.com. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "3 standouts from the #NYMusicTech meetup at Livestream Public - Technical.ly Brooklyn". 2014-11-03. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "Startups + Developers | SF MusicTech Summit". www.sfmusictech.com. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- "SF MusicTech Names 2015 Startup Innovators Challenge Winners". hypebot. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- McIntyre, Hugh. "Meet The Seven Music Startups That Were Featured At Canadian Music Week". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- McIntyre, Hugh. "ReverbNation Acquires AudioKite To Better Consumer Research For Musicians". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- "REVERBNATION ACQUIRES USER REVIEW SITE AUDIOKITE". MusicBusinessWorldwide. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- Houghton, Bruce. "ReverbNation Acquires Audiokite Fan Feedback Platform". Hypebot. Retrieved 2017-03-10.