||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2014)|
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
The company's flagship amplifier, the Model 88 monophonic tube power amplifier, incorporates several unique circuit and component designs aimed at increasing the emotional and technical immediacy and accuracy of sound reproduction:
- ASTAT (Asymmetrical Series-Twin Amplifier Topology): each Model 88 monoblock is made of two completely independent power amplifiers housed in one chassis and series connected at the output. ASTAT combines very carefully controlled - but slightly different - output transformers connected in series.
- PTS (Perfect Triode Simulator output stage circuit): this output stage "clones" a virtual "perfect audio triode", blending the midrange of a classical 300B tube with the increased power and "ease of presentation" of a top class 211 tube without impacting "rightness of tone" such as produced by the 2A3 or 45 tubes. The PTS output stage uses two KT88 tubes in a proprietary circuit to achieve this goal.
- MPS (Matched Power Supply): the amplifier has an independent matched power supply for each output tube enabling higher than typical transient speed and waveform definition with exceptionally low noise.
- Timbre Lock: This circuit enables adjusting the bias of each of the twin internal amplifiers separately in real time for tuning the interaction between the amplifiers and whatever loudspeaker they are connect to. These adjustments have a subtle but profound impact on musical articulation, high frequency smoothness and bass extension.
Several reviews of the model 88 are available in specialized magazines in print and online and acknowledge the innovative design of this amplifier. The Stereophile Recommended Components, the reference USA magazine for audio high-end, has been listing the model 88 since 2003 in the highest category for tube amplifiers - Class A with a star for more than 3 years in a row.
The Audiopax amplifiers and loudspeakers with all the innovations have been in several high-end audio shows in the past including the Consumer Electronics Show high-end sector in Las Vegas and shows in London, Oslo, São Paulo and other cities around the world. Some of the presentations have earned great comments from many different sources in print and online.
- Official site
- Full review Stereophile - USA
- Full review 6moons
- Full review Hi-Fi+ - UK
- CES2006 Best from Stereotimes
- CES2004 Best from 6moons
- CES2004 StandOut room from Soudstage!
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|