Audley End railway station
Audley End railway station in 2012
|Location||Wendens Ambo, District of Uttlesford|
|Managed by||Greater Anglia|
|Classification||DfT category D|
|30 July 1845||Opened as Wenden|
|1 November 1848||Renamed Audley End|
Passenger statistics from the Office of Rail and Road
Audley End railway station is on the West Anglia Main Line serving the village of Wendens Ambo and the town of Saffron Walden in Essex, England. It is 41 miles 55 chains (67.1 km) down the line from London Liverpool Street and is situated between Newport and Great Chesterford stations. Its three-letter station code is AUD.
The station is managed by Greater Anglia.
There was a platform at the eastern end of the station (branch line to Saffron Walden that was closed in 1964.) for a
The station was opened in 1845 by the Eastern Counties Railway, which was absorbed into the Great Eastern Railway, and became part of the London and North Eastern Railway during the grouping of 1923. The station passed on to the Eastern Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948.
- 2 tph to London Liverpool Street (1 stopping, 1 semi-fast)
- 2 tph to Cambridge North (1 stopping, 1 semi-fast)
- 1 tph to Stansted Airport
- 1 tph to Norwich via Cambridge
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Newport or Stansted Airport||Greater Anglia
West Anglia Main Line
|Great Chesterford or Whittlesford Parkway|
Birmingham - Stansted Airport
|Saffron Walden||Great Eastern Railway
Saffron Walden Railway
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Audley End railway station.|
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Sub Brit page about Saffron Walden Platform
- Station on navigable O.S. map
|This article about a railway station in the East of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|