Aughton Park railway station
|Local authority||West Lancashire|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Passenger Transport Executive|
|May 1907||Station opens as Aughton Park Halt|
|By 1938||Renamed Aughton Park|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Aughton Park from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
Aughton Park railway station is a railway station in Aughton, Lancashire, England, on the Ormskirk branch of the Northern Line of the Merseyrail network 11½ miles (19 km) north east of Liverpool Central.
The station is below ground level built into a cutting. Opened by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway, the station became part of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway during the Grouping of 1923. The line then passed on to the London Midland Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948.
The station is staffed throughout the day (like all Merseytravel stations), with the ticket office open from start of service until the last train has called throughout the week. There are shelters on both platforms and a pay phone on platform 1. Train running information is provided by automated announcements and digital display screens. No step-free access to either platform is available.
A Merseyrail Class 507 waits at the station.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Station on navigable O.S. map
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aughton Park railway station.|
- Station information for Aughton Park railway station from Merseyrail
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
towards Liverpool Central
|This article on a railway station in North West England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|