Auglaize Township, Allen County, Ohio
|Auglaize Township, Auglaize County, Ohio|
Fire department at Westminster
Location of Auglaize Township, Allen County, Ohio
|• Total||36.1 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Land||36.0 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||984 ft (300 m)|
|• Density||77/sq mi (29.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085691|
Auglaize Township is one of the twelve townships of Allen County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 2,783 people in the township, 2,366 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jackson Township - north
- Liberty Township, Hardin County - northeast corner
- Marion Township, Hardin County - east
- Roundhead Township, Hardin County - southeast corner
- Wayne Township, Auglaize County - south
- Union Township, Auglaize County - southwest corner
- Perry Township - west
- Bath Township - northwest corner
Name and history
Auglaize Township was organized in 1832.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. The current Chairperson is T. Blain Brock II
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Auglaize township, Allen County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Archived (PDF) from the original on 16 March 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- History of Allen County, Ohio. Warner, Beers & Company. 1885. p. 411.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.