August Bondi (Jewish name Anshl)(July 21, 1833, Vienna, Austria – 1907, United States) was involved in what he called the Border War, but is now usually called Bleeding Kansas, and latter the American Civil War. In Kansas he fought with abolitionist John Brown.
- [Some sources give his name as August Mendel Bondi, including his grandfather's name as a middle name]
- From the March 2004 issue of Jewish Currents, August Bondi and the Abolitionist Movement by Yankl Stillman
- Excerpts from the Autobiography of August Bondi (1833–1907) Archived May 19, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Kansas Historical Society: August M. Bondi Papers, 1884-1952
- Oygusṭ Bondi, A biography written in Yiddish*
|This article about a person of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|