August Bondi (Jewish name Anshl)(July 21, 1833, Vienna Austria – 1907, USA) was involved in what he called the Border War, but is now usually called Bleeding Kansas, and latter the American Civil War. In Kansas he fought with abolitionist John Brown.
- [Some sources give his name as August Mendel Bondi, including his grandfather's name as a middle name]
- From the March 2004 issue of Jewish Currents, August Bondi and the Abolitionist Movement by Yankl Stillman
- Excerpts from the Autobiography of August Bondi (1833–1907)
- Kansas Historical Society: August M. Bondi Papers, 1884-1952
- Oygusṭ Bondi, A biography written in Yiddish
|This article about a person of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|