This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)
|Axel Oberwelland (owner)|
Number of employees
August Storck KG (German pronunciation: [ˈaʊɡʊst ˈʃtoːɐ̯k]) is a German candy producer with headquarters in Berlin, owned by Axel Oberwelland. Its subsidiary in the United Kingdom has been the company Bendicks in Winchester since 1988. The main facility of Storck in Germany is in Halle, North Rhine-Westphalia, one is located in Skanderborg, Denmark, along with one in Ohrdruf, Germany.
These are the most well-known products and the corresponding year in which they launched:
- Campino (1966)
- Château chocolate, produced for Aldi
- Chocolat Pavot (English: Chocolate Poppy) (2003)
- Kaufrüchtchen (English: Chewy Little Fruits)
- Knoppers (1983)
- Merci (1965)
- Merci Crocant (English: Crispy Thank You) (1994)
- Merci Petits (English: Little Thank Yous) (formerly Merci Pur)
- Minis zuckerfrei (English: Sugar-free Minis)
- Moser-Roth chocolate (1902), revived 2007 and produced exclusively for Aldi
- Nimm2 (English: Take2) (1962)
- Nimm2 Lachgummi (English: Take2 Laughing Chews) (1996)
- Nimm2 soft (2005)
- Riesen (English: Giants) (1930s; chocolate-covered version, late 1980s)
- Toffifee (known in the US as Toffifay) (1973)
- Werther's Original (1969)
- "Süßwarenhersteller: Das bittere Nasch-Erbe von Storck-Chef Axel Oberwelland".
- "Salmonellen: Aldi ruft Schokolade zurück". Spiegel Online. 19 December 2001. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Unsere Marken – CHATEAU bei ALDI Nord". www.aldi-nord.de (in German). Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- Selwood, Daniel (15 August 2017). "German confectioner Storck to launch Knoppers brand in UK". The Grocer. Archived from the original on 28 September 2020. Retrieved 26 September 2021.