Augusta Christian Schools
|Augusta Christian School|
|313 Baston Rd
Martinez, Georgia, (Columbia County), 30907
|Motto||"Building Kingdom leaders to serve Jesus Christ as Lord."|
|Founder||Leila Havird, Jennings Murphy and Charles B. Whitney|
|Headmaster||Dr. Les Walden|
|Grades||K-3 to 12|
|Language||English, Spanish, and French are offered.|
|Campus size||1 campus, 26 acres|
|School color(s)||Red, white, and black|
|Athletics||Academic team, basketball, baseball, cheerleading, cross country, football, golf, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track and field, volleyball, wrestling|
|Athletics conference||SCISA AAA|
|Accreditation||ASCI, SACS, GAC, SCISA|
|Website||Augusta Christian Schools|
The Augusta Christian Schools (ACS), is a Christian school located in Martinez, Georgia, United States. It includes kindergarten, elementary, and junior and senior high school, as well as the School of Talent Development for students with learning disabilities and special learning needs.
Augusta Christian Schools is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
The school was founded in 1958 as a small class. They met for years in South Augusta, and moved to the Baston Road campus in 1973. The school grew in the 1980s and 1990s as new buildings were built.
The School of Talent Development was founded in 1990 to service students with learning differences and has been a real ministry in the community.
In 2005, the elementary school moved to a former church building nearby. In 2008, due to declining economy and falling enrollment, plans were made to sell the elementary property and move back to just one property again.
- 1995-1996 Baseball Class AAA State Champions
- 1995-1996 Men's Basketball Class AAA State Champions
- 1995-1996 Men's Tennis Class AAA State Champions
- 1998-1999 Baseball Class AAA State Champions
- 1998-1999 Men's Basketball Class AAA State Champions
- 2000-2001 Women's Cross Country Class AAA State Champions
- 2001-2002 Men's Tennis Class AAA State Champions
- 2002-2003 Men's Tennis Class AAA State Champions
- 2003-2004 Women's Cross Country Class AAA State Champions
- 2003-2004 Women's Track Class AAA State Champions
- 2005-2007 Men's Baseball Class AAA State Champions
- 2005 Men's Football Class AAA State Champions
- 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 FCC Georgia Regional Cheerleading Champions
- 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011 FCC National Cheerleading Champions
- 2012 Men's Football Class AAA State Champions
- "Building Kingdom Leaders Augusta Christian Schools Profile" (pdf). Retrieved 2008-02-03.