Augustine H. Folsom
Augustine H. Folsom (died 1926) or A.H. Folsom was a photographer in the Boston, Massachusetts-area in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Subjects included buildings in Massachusetts, Maine, and Georgia. Folsom showed photographic work in the Massachusetts Charitable Mechanic Association exhibitions of 1874 and 1881. He lived in Roxbury, c. 1870-1926. Works by Folsom reside in the collections of the Boston Public Library; Historic New England; Metropolitan Museum, NY; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; the Georgia State Archives; and the American Antiquarian Society.
- Boston Directory. 1873.
- Boston Almanac. 1888
- Catalogue of articles on display ... Faneuil and Quincy Halls, of the twelfth exhibition of the Massachusetts Charitable Mechanic Association, Boston, September and October, 1874. Boston: Rand, Avery, and Co., printers, 1874. Google books
- Photographic Times, Jan. 1875. Google books
- Mechanic Association : fourteenth triennial exhibition. Open September and October. Huntington Ave. and West Newton St. Boston. Boston: Rand, Avery, 1881
- Boston Landmarks Commission. 1984 Survey and planning grant, part 1 - Parker Hill / Mission Hill project completion report. 1985
- "Metropolitan Museum of Art".
- "MFA Boston". Archived from the original on 2007-02-24.
- "Vanishing Georgia".
- "American Antiquarian Society".
- Photographs by Augustine H. Folsom
West End Adult Evening School, Boston, c. 1890s; photo by A.H. Folsom (Boston Public Library)
Miss Fuller and her class, Horace Mann School for the Deaf, Boston, 1893 (Boston Public Library)
Illustrations by Folsom
- Ceremonies at the dedication of the Soldiers' monument: in Concord, Mass. Printed by B. Tolman, 1867. Includes illus. by Folsom. Google books
- George Augustus Wheeler. History of Castine, Penobscot, and Brooksville, Maine: including the ancient settlement of Pentagöet. Bangor, Maine: Burr & Robinson, 1875. Includes illus. by Folsom. Google books
- Edwin Start. Penobscot Bay. New England Magazine, July 1896. Includes illus. by Folsom. Google books
- Old wet-plate photographer. Boston Daily Globe, June 18, 1905
- E.B. Delabarre. Recent History of Dighton Rock. Publications of the Colonial Society of Massachusetts, Feb. 1919; p. 286+ Includes discussion of Folsom's photo of Dighton Rock. Google books
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Augustine H. Folsom.|
- WorldCat. Folsom, Augustine H.
- Boston Public Library on Flickr. Augustine H. Folsom Photographs
- Boston Latin Academy. Work by Folsom
- Concord Library. Work by Folsom
- Smithsonian. Work by Folsom in Warshaw Collection.
- Historic New England, 2003
- Historic New England, 2002
- Maine Memory. Westbrook Seminary and Female Collegiate Institute, 1868, by Folsom
- Maine Memory. http://www.mainememory.net/bin/Detail?ln=29225 Westbrook Seminary, 1868], by Folsom