|Princely State of British Raj|
Aundh State in the Imperial Gazetteer of India
|1,298 km2 (501 sq mi)|
|Today part of||Maharashtra, India|
|This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Aundh". Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press.|
The Principality of Aundh covered an area of 1298 square kilometers with the population of 88,762 in 1941.
Aundh State was founded by Parshuram Trimbak Pant Pratinidhi, who was a general, administrator and later Pratinidhi of the Maratha Empire during the reign of Chhatrapati Sambhaji and Chhatrapati Rajaram. He played a crucial role in re-capturing Panhala Fort, Ajinkyatara (at Satara), Bhupalgad forts from Mughals during period of 1700-1705.
The last ruler of the Aundh was Raja Shrimant Bhawanrao Shriniwasrao Pant Pratinidhi ("Bala Sahib"). The state joined the Union of India on 8 March 1948.
Aundh's Hindu rulers used the title of "Pant Pratinidhi".
|Foundation of the state Aundh|
|Princes (Rajas), with the title Pant Pratinidhi|
|1777-08-30||1848-06-11||Parashuramrao Shrinivas "Thoto Pant"
(Peshwa prisoner 1806-1818)
|1848-06-11||1901||Shrinivasrao Parashuram "Anna Sahib"||1833-11-27||1901|
|1901||1905||Parashuramrao Shrinivas "Dada Sahib"||1858-02-17||1905|
|1905-11-03||1909-11-04||Gopalkrishnarao Parashuram "Nana Sahib"||1879-01-26|
|1909-11-04||1947-08-15||Bhawanrao Shriniwasrao Pant Pratinidhi "Bala Sahib"||1868-10-24||1951-04-13|
|1944||1948||Parshuram Rao Pant "Appa Sahib"||1912-09-11||1992-10-05|
|The Line is nominally Continued|
|1951||1962||Shrimant Bhagwant Rao Trimbak "Bapu Sahib"||1919||2007-04-08|
- Pant Pratinidhi family
- Aundh Experiment
- Maratha Empire
- List of Maratha dynasties and states
- List of Indian princely states
- I. Copland. State, Community and Neighbourhood in Princely North India, c. 1900-1950. Springer. p. 95. Retrieved 26 April 2005.
- Ian Copland. The Princes of India in the Endgame of Empire, 1917-1947. Cambridge University Press. p. 214. Retrieved 16 May 2002.
- Rothermund 1983, p. 9.
- Bond 2006, p. 773.
- Gurcharn Singh Sandhu (2003). A military history of medieval India. Vision Books. p. 648.
- "Aundh Princely State".
- Rothermund 1983, p. xvii.
- Princely States of India A-J
- Aundh princely state rulers
- Who's who in India, Burma & Ceylon. p. 75.
Heir apparent- -Shrimant Bhagwant- rao alias Bapusaheb (nominal)
- Rothermund, Indira (1983). The Aundh Experiment: A Gandhian Grass-roots Democracy. Somaiya Publications.
- Pant, Apa (1989). An Unusual Raja: Mahatma Gandhi and the Aundh Experiment. Sangam Books.
- Bond, J.W (2006). Indian States: A Biographical, Historical, and Administrative Survey. Asian Educational Services.
- Pant, Apa (1990). An Extended Family Or Fellow Pilgrims. Sangam Books.