|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||MH 38|
|Nearest city||Hingoli(26km), Parbhani(45km)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Hingoli|
The town is known for Aundha Nagnath Temple, dedicated to Shiva, and also one of the prominent Twelve Jyotirlingas in India. A pilgrim centre of great significance, since it is considered to be the eight (aadya) of the 12 Jyotirlingas in the country.
- As per 2011 census, Aundha has total 2744 families residing. The town has population of 14801 of which 7515 were males while 7286 were females.
- Average Sex Ratio of town was 970 which is higher than Maharashtra state average of 929.
- Literacy rate of town was 82.33% compared to 82.34% of Maharashtra. Male literacy stands at 89.45% while female literacy rate was 74.98%.
- Schedule Caste (SC) constitutes 15.57% while Schedule Tribe (ST) were 2.70% of total population.
- By Air : Aurangabad, 210 km is a convenient airport.
- By Rail : Chondi, 21 km. is the convenient railhead, Mumbai - Chondi, 614 km., Hingoli 25 km
- By Rail Chondi Railway Station is nearest Railway Station than Parbhani, Purna and Wasmat. Next nearest is Wasmat Railway Station. Parbhani and Purna Both Railway Junction are Approx Equi-distance. However fewest train goes to Chondi or Wasmat.One Passenger train leaves from Purna Junction at 7 am going through Chondi . Please do not get down at Purna Junction for going to Aundha Nagnath, as there is no facility and amenities for boarding and or Lodging. Even if the one or two lodging exists, are unsafe, unhygienic etc.Parbhani Railway Junction appeared me to be very convenient, safe as even if you reach late, nearby lodging is available and State Transport Bus Stand is near by. Aundha Navnath Temple is about 40 K. M. from Parbhani Railway Station And Buses reaches within One Hours to One Hours Fifteen Minutes to Aundha State Road Transport Bus Stand. Entry gate of Temple is just opposite Bus Stand.
- By Road: Mumbai-Aundha, 579 km, Nagpur-Aundha, 359 km, Aurangabad - Aundha, 210 km, Parbhani - Aundha, 50 km. State Transport buses ply from Nanded, Parbhani, Chondi, Hingoli to Aundha.
Government and Administration
- As per constitution of India and Panchyati Raaj Act, Aundha Nagnath is administrated by Sarpanch (Head of Village) who is elected representative of village.
- Aundha comes under Vasamat assembly constituency for Assembly elections of Maharashtra. Current member of Assembly representing Aundha is Jaiprakash Mundada of Shiv Sena who defeated Jaiprakash Dandegaonkar of Nationalist Congress Party in 2014 assembly elections of Maharashtra.
- Aundha comes under Hingoli parliamentary constituency for parliamentary elections of India. Current representative from this area to Parliament of India is Rajeev Satav of Indian National Congress who was also served as national President of Indian Youth Congress. He defeated Subhash Wankhede of Shiv Sena in 2014 Indian General Elections.
- "Basmath (Maharashtra) Election Results 2014, Current and Previous MLA". Elections.in. 2015-02-17. Retrieved 2015-08-30.
- "Hingoli(Maharashtra) Lok Sabha Election Results 2014 with Sitting MP and Party Name". Elections.in. Retrieved 2015-08-30.