Aunque me Cueste la Vida
|Aunque me Cueste la Vida|
|Directed by||Olegario Barrera|
|Opening theme||Como un hechizo by Carlos Montilla|
|Country of origin||Venezuela|
|No. of episodes||126|
|Executive producer(s)||Leonor Sardi Aguilera|
|Producer(s)||Armando Reverón Borges|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||July 22, 1998 –|
February 9, 1999
|Preceded by||Niña mimada|
Aunque me Cueste la Vida (English title:Though It Might Cost Me My Life) is a Venezuelan telenovela written by Salvador Garmendia and Martín Hahn and produced by Radio Caracas Televisión in 1998. This telenovela ran for 126 episodes and was distributed internationally by RCTV International.
On the day of the Festival Of The Moon, a gypsy predicts that the soulful heiress Teresa Larrazabal will meet three men. The mystical ”spell of the stardust” will unmask one who will help her, one who will destroy her and one who will be the love of her life. But the spell undergoes a sinister twist at the hands of the embittered Belgica Michelena. She casts a terrible sentence on the innocence of true love, hurling Teresa toward an unwilling fate as her pawn in a mysterious game of seduction, sorcery and revenge.
Belgica unites a powerful hatred for Teresa’s father Teofilo, the lover who spurned her, with the power of the gypsy’s incantation. But her plan to use sons, Vicente and Pedro Armando, as instruments of her vengeance goes awry when Vicente falls in love with Teresa, challenging both his mother and the supernatural forces that oppose them. It is decreed that Vicente will die if Teresa surrenders to his love. Defiant in their quest to resist Belgica’s depravity, Teresa and Vicente join hands and hearts to undo the evil of the prophecy.
As they weave their way through the darkness of the Magic Forest, the full moon’s piercing rays illuminate their paths, helping them to discover the secret that will free them. In their journey to vanquish destiny’s wicked intentions, they affirm that true love weaves the most powerful spell of all.
- Carlos Montilla as Vicente Valbuena Michelena
- Roxana Diaz as Teresa Larrazábal
- Franklin Vírgüez as Don Teófilo Larrazába
- Gledys Ibarra as Porcia Larrazába
- Julie Restifo as Belgica Michelena
- Carlota Sosa as Blanca
- Catherine Correia as Julia Larrazába
- Winston Vallenilla as Pedro Armando Reverón
- Juan Carlos Alarcón as Modesto
- Ricardo Bianchi as Edmundo Berrisveitia
- Nacarid Escalona as Elida
- Alfonso Medina as Polonio
- Dalila Colombo as Martirio Larrazabal
- The theme song to Aunque me Cueste la Vida is "Como un Hechizo", performed by Carlos Montilla.
- Belgica Michelena was the basis for Tatum O'Neal's character in the MyNetworkTV serial Wicked Wicked Games.
- Same song title written by Alberto "Negrito Del Batey" Beltran, of the Dominican Republic, in the 60s.
- "Formatos:Aunque me Cueste la Vida". rctvintl.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "RCTV (1998), 126 capitulos Aunque me Cueste la Vida". vencor.narod. Retrieved 7 April 2017h.
- "Aunque me Cueste la Vida". seriesnow.com. Retrieved 7 April 2017.