Aurélie Nemours, 1995
29 October 1910
|Died||27 January 2005 (aged 94)|
|Education||Ecole du Louvre, Andre Lhote Academy|
|Known for||Painting, Poetry|
Aurélie Nemours was born 29 October 1910 in Paris, France.
In 1936, she married Auguste Nemours.
Nemours established her style in 1949 she then used her form of media to conduct research on the interplay of lines and their relationship to colored surfaces, angles, the point of geometric shapes, horizontal and vertical.
In 1950, Midi la lune, her collection of poems was published.
Nemours died 27 January 2005 in Paris.
Before any development, she made measurements, studies, sketches and drawings. Then she went into the essential, black and white or color; for her, the color is "pure energy." Following an apprenticeship, she developed her vision at various studios and most notably Fernand Léger’s. Inspired by Léger, Nemour softens her edges of shapes and lines, imbuing her canvases with sensuality of the act of painting itself. She worked in black and white and bold colors, and honed her visual vocabulary to horizontal and vertical planes, right angles, lines, rectangles, and ultimately, the square, her ideal representation of universal harmony. She works in series thus from 1965- 1970: the square becomes the key size of her work. Although she stopped painting in 2002, she is honored now and in the future by the artists who have worked consistently and innovatively in the field of thought asserting their own vision.
There have been several articles about Aurélie Nemours, including '11th Edition of Artparis Welcomed 43.000 Visitors' written for ArtDaily in 2009. As well numerous works by the artist have been sold at auction, including 'RYTHME DU MILLIMETRE SB' sold at Artcurial Briest-Poulain-F. Tajan 'Contemporary Art 2 ' in 2012 for $91,005.
- "Aurélie Nemours: Quelques notes de biographie". Galerie Michelle Champetier. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- Gonnard, Catherine. "Aurélie Nemours". Archives of Women Artists Research & Exhibitions. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "A. NEMOURS". Amélie Formey Art Contemporain. 23 July 2013.
- "Aurelie Nemours". artsy.net.
- "Structure du silence C - Artworks - Collection Société Générale". collectionsocietegenerale.com.
- "Aurélie Nemours (French, 1910 - 2005)". mutualart.com.