The Aure War memorial
|Intercommunality||CC Argonne Ardennaise|
|• Mayor (2014-2020)||Michel Cartelet|
|12.72 km2 (4.91 sq mi)|
|• Density||4.3/km2 (11/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||118–191 m (387–627 ft) |
(avg. 135 m or 443 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Aure is located some 55 km east of Reims and some 20 km south by south-west of Vouziers. The western border of the commune is the border between Ardennes and Marne departments. Access to the commune is by road D6 from Manre in the south-east which passes through the village and continues south-west, changing to the D20 in Marne, to Sommepy-Tahure. The D306 goes north-east from the village to Monthois. The commune is entirely farmland.
Croix de guerre 1914-1918: awarded on 1 March 1921.
List of Successive Mayors
(Not all data is known)
In 2010 the commune had 49 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known from the population censuses conducted in the commune since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of communes with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger towns that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
- Auguste Achile Baudart, Colonel of the 122nd Infantry Regiment of the Line, born in Aure on 16 November 1844 from a farming family, died at Montpellier on 15 December 1898.
- Aure on the old IGN website[permanent dead link] (in French)
- Aure on Google Maps
- Aure on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (in French)
- Aure on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Aure on the INSEE website (in French)
- INSEE (in French)
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by Law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 Archived 6 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine, the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" allows, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For communes with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these communes is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
- "Populations légales 2016". INSEE. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- Google Maps
- Louis Aragon, Le Conscrit des cent villages, initially published in La Diane française, consulted in Pierre Seghers, The Resistance and its poets: France, 1940-1945, Paris, Seghers, 2004 (2nd edition), ISBN 2-232-12242-5, p. 373-375 (in French)
- List of Mayors of France (in French)
- Almanach, Matot-Braine, 1900, Reims (in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aure (Ardennes).|