|Private, owned in trust|
|Industry||Engineering, Design, International Development and Business Consultation|
|Headquarters||Main delivery centres in Australia and South Africa
80 Offices in 27 countries
|Giam Swiegers, CEO
Teddy Daka, Non-Executive Chairman
|Revenue||A$ 820 million dollars 2012
ZAR 6.7 billion Rand 2009 
Number of employees
Formed through the merger of three engineering consultancies, Africon, Connell Wagner and Ninham Shand, Aurecon has over 7500 staff members. The company operates in 28 countries across Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
Africon was formed in 1935. At the time of the merger, Africon was ranked amongst the world’s top 200 international design firms and was South Africa’s largest engineering company. The organisation operated in both the public and private sectors within the fields of transportation, property, municipal services, energy and mining.
Connell Wagner was one of Asia Pacific’s largest multi-disciplinary engineering consultancies, with a history spanning more than 75 years. The firm provided a broad range of professional technical services across several market sectors, namely buildings, industrial, transportation, urban development, water, international development, environment, energy, telecommunications and defence.
Established in 1935, Ninham Shand was one of South Africa’s leading, privately owned companies of consulting engineers and environmental scientists. The organisation offered consulting services in areas including water resources and supply, heavy engineering, purification, infrastructure services, structures and buildings, transportation and roads, and environmental science.
The company delivers project design and management across twelve markets. They are built environment, construction, data and telecommunications, defence, energy, government, international development assistance, manufacturing, resources, transport and water.
Major projects in Asia
- City of Dreams Casino, Macau
- Chek Lap Kok, Passenger Terminal Building Hong Kong Airport, Hong Kong
- Fusionopolis, Singapore
- Pha Lai 2 Power Station, Vietnam
- Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Program, East Timor
- The Sail at Marina Bay, Singapore
Major projects in Australia/New Zealand
- Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal, Queensland, Australia
- Eden Park Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand
- Eureka Tower, Victoria, Australia
- Bendigo Bank Headquarters, Victoria, Australia
- Huntly e3p Combined Cycle Power Station, Huntly, New Zealand
- Luggage Point Water Treatment Plant, Queensland, Australia
- Melbourne Cricket Ground, Victoria, Australia
- Northern Busway, Auckland, New Zealand
- Optus Earth Satellite Station, Australia
- Adelaide Entertainment Centre redevelopment
- Kogan Creek Solar Boost Project
- Te Puni Village, Victoria University of Wellington
Major projects in the Middle East
- Madinat Jumeirah Arabian Leisure Resort Development, United Arab Emirates
- The Palm Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Qatar Science and Technology Park, Qatar
Major projects in Africa
- Berg Water Project, South Africa
- Department of International Relations and Cooperation Building, South Africa
- Maguga Dam and Maguga Hydroelectric Project, Swaziland
- N2 Garden Route, South Africa
- Nova Vida Housing Development, Angola
- O R Tambo International Airport, South Africa
- Peter Mokaba Stadium, South Africa
- Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, South Africa
- IDSS Pty Ltd
- Aurecon Hatch
Engineering and technical services
- "Aurecon Australia Pty Ltd - Limited Profile Report". IBISWorld. 2012-06-30. Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- "Africon, Connell Wagner and Ninham Shand Announce Formation of a New Global Group". 16 March 2009. Retrieved 1 August 2015.