|District||South Taranaki District|
Auroa School is a coeducational full primary (years 1-8) school with a decile rating of 8 and a roll of 164. Schools at Pihama, Riverlea and Te Kiri were closed and merged into Auroa School in 2004.
The Auroa Association Football club was formed in May 1907. After the First World War the club re-emerged with two sides. In 1924 Mr. W. Brown from Auroa captained Taranaki against Chinese Universities at Hawera's Showgrounds. In 1926 Auroa won the Taranaki Championship and Julian Cup. In 1927 Mr. Freakley from Auroa captained Taranaki against Canada at New Plymouth's Pukekura Park.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004), Reed New Zealand Atlas, Reed Books, pp. map 34, ISBN 0-7900-0952-8CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005), The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand, Robbie Burton, pp. map 96, ISBN 1-877333-20-4
- "1000 Māori place names". New Zealand Ministry for Culture and Heritage. 6 August 2019.
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Auroa School". Ministry of Education.[permanent dead link]
- "Education Review Report: Auroa School". Education Review Office. April 2006. Retrieved 26 June 2008.[dead link]
- paperspast.natlib.govt.nz https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/OPUNT19070521.2.6?end_date=15-09-1907&items_per_page=10&query=Auroa+football&snippet=true&sort_by=byDA&start_date=02-03-1907&title=HNS,OPUNT,STEP,TDN,TH,NZH,EP,AS,PATM&type=ARTICLE,ILLUSTRATION. Retrieved 9 June 2020. Missing or empty
- "New Zealand - List of Champions". www.rsssf.com. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- paperspast.natlib.govt.nz https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/STEP19270523.2.3?end_date=04-10-1927&items_per_page=10&query=Canada+Taranaki+team+selected&snippet=true&sort_by=byDA&start_date=03-04-1927. Retrieved 9 June 2020. Missing or empty
General historical works
Clubs and organisations
- Auroa Highland Pipe Band Inc.: 1928-1978: Golden Jubilee souvenir booklet: 3rd & 4th June,1978., Auroa, [N.Z.]: Auroa Highland Pipe Band Inc., 1978
- School register index: Oeo 1910 - 1984 : Otakeho to 1984 : Te Roti to 1984 : Tokaora to 1984 : Matapu to 1984 : Auroa : Okaiawa to 1984 : Kapuni, n.p.: n.p., n.d.
- Robins, Patricia (ed.) (1966), Auroa (Ratanui) School 75th jubilee, 1891-1966, Auroa, [N.Z.]: 75th Jubilee Executive CommitteeCS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
|This Taranaki geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|