Aurora Central High School
|Aurora Central High School|
|11700 East 11th Avenue
Aurora, Colorado 80010
|Type||Public High School|
|School district||Aurora Public Schools|
|Principal||Gerardo De La Garza|
|Color(s)||White, yellow, green, and black|
|Athletics conference||East Metro Athletic Conference (EMAC)|
Aurora Central High School is a high school in Aurora, Colorado. It was originally named Aurora High School and was the first high school in Aurora Public Schools. When Hinkley High School was built in 1963, this school was renamed to its present title. The first class to graduate from the existing location was the Class of 1956.
For the 2012-2013 school year, there were 2,270 students enrolled at Aurora Central High School. Their races were as follows:
- Danny Jackson, former MLB player (Kansas City Royals, Cincinnati Reds, Chicago Cubs, Pittsburgh Pirates, Philadelphia Phillies, St. Louis Cardinals, San Diego Padres)
- Robert Michael Pyle, author, lepidopterist
- Michelle Waterson, professional mixed martial artist for the UFC's Strawweight division
- Don Young, former MLB player (Chicago Cubs)
- Aurora Public Schools History: High Schools Archived December 13, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.. Accessed 1 December 2006.
- Colorado High School Activities Association profile for Aurora Central High School Archived March 2, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.. Accessed 1 December 2006.
- "Michelle Wateson UFC Profile Bio".