Aurora Township, Kane County, Illinois
Location in Kane County
Kane County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||35.31 sq mi (91.5 km2)|
|• Land||34.68 sq mi (89.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.63 sq mi (1.6 km2) 1.78%|
|Elevation||689 ft (210 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||148,890|
|• Density||4,214.6/sq mi (1,627.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0428621|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.31 square miles (91.5 km2), of which 34.68 square miles (89.8 km2) (or 98.22%) is land and 0.63 square miles (1.6 km2) (or 1.78%) is water.
The Town Hall is located at 80 N. Broadway, Aurora, Illinois. The Township is led by an elected Supervisor and four Trustees. An Assessor, Clerk and Highway Commissioner are also elected.
The township is responsible for road maintenance, staffing a Youth and Community Center, and operating a handicapped accessible Ride-In-Kane transportation system.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "Aurora Township, Kane County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
|This Kane County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|