The town hall in Aurouër
|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Alain Borde|
|Area1||27.06 km2 (10.45 sq mi)|
|• Density||15/km2 (39/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||03011 /03460|
|Elevation||215–262 m (705–860 ft)
(avg. 247 m or 810 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Aurouërois or Aurouëroises.
Aurouër is located some 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) north by north-east of Moulins and 20 kilometres (12 mi) south-east of Saint-Pierre-le-Moûtier. The whole eastern border of the commune is the departmental boundary between Allier and Nièvre. Access to the commune is by the D133 road from Villeneuve-sur-Allier in the south-west which passes through the commune and the village and continues east to Saint-Ennemond. The D228 goes north-east from the village to Dornes. Apart from the village there are the hamlets of:
- Les Berthomiers
- Le Bois Canot
- Les Cantes
- Le Charlet
- Les Chenes
- Le Choulton
- Le Domaine Chateau
- Domaine Martin
- Les Durands
- Les Forets
- Les Gallets
- Les Gouffats
- Les Grillets
- La Joubarde
- La Motte
- La Motte-Ponay
- La Niziere
- La Noue
- Le Ponay
- Les Simonets
- Les Torterats
- Les Vernes
There are large forested areas in the south-east of the commune with most of the rest farmland.
List of Successive Mayors
(Not all data is known)
In 2013 the commune had 412 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known from the population censuses conducted in the commune since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of communes with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger towns that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
- Aurouër on the old IGN website (French)
- Aurouër on Lion1906
- Aurouër on Google Maps
- Aurouër on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (French)
- Aurouer on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Aurouër on the INSEE website (French)
- INSEE (French)
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by Law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002, the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" allows, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For communes with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these communes is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
- "Aurouër (03460)". habitants.fr (in French). SARL Patagos. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- Google Maps
- List of Mayors of France (French)
- Re-elected in 2014: "Liste nominative des communes de l'Allier (avec maire, arrondissement et canton)" [Nominative list of communes of Allier (with mayor, arrondissement and canton)] (PDF). Association of Mayors and Presidents of Communities of Allier. 1 April 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 May 2015. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Legal populations - Aurouër". INSEE (in French). Retrieved 24 January 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aurouër.|