Logo of Auroville Marathon 2016
|Date||Second Sunday of February|
|Location||Auroville, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Distance||Marathon, Half Marathon, 10k|
The Auroville Marathon is an annual marathon (42.195 km or 26.219 mi) event that courses through the city of Dawn Auroville in Tamil Nadu state of India. They also have Half Marathon (21.0975 km or 13.1094 mi) and 10k runs added. It is one of the largest and most popular running event in India, with participants from different parts of India. The event is largely publicised by word of mouth and through blogs and other social networks by runners who have run the race before.
The event is organised by Auroville Runners in association with Auroville community since 2008. Originally started to celebrate the 40 years of Auroville, the enthusiastic participation attracted many runners from other cities and it was decided to make it an annual affair. The event is non-commercial and organised purely for the joy of running. It considers all the finishers as winners and does not award any prize money for the early finishers. That is precisely why this is not a timed run.
Full Marathon: Men
Full Marathon: Women
Victories by nationality
- "Auroville Marathon History 2011". Archived from the original on 2011-11-17.
- "Auroville marathon on Sunday". The Hindu. 2015-02-06. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- "Auroville Marathon – A run to remember | The Write Perspective". Thewriteperspective.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- "Auroville Marathon News Photos Videos". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- Added by Delhi Runners View Events. "Auroville Marathon". Delhi Runners. Archived from the original on 2015-10-07. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- Averil Nunes (2015-01-05). "5 best marathons in India | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- "They are running for a better life". Bangalore Mirror. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- "Auroville Marathon". Sportskeeda.com. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- "Auroville Marathon 2015". MumbaiRoadRunners. 2015-02-08. Retrieved 2015-10-06.
- "For the joy of running". The Hindu. 2015-02-09. Retrieved 2015-10-06.