German film poster
|Directed by||Uwe Boll|
|Produced by||Sandra Basso|
|Written by||Uwe Boll|
|Music by||Jessica de Rooij|
|Edited by||Charles Ladmiral|
|Distributed by||Boll World Sales|
The film attempts to depict the harsh reality of the process inside the Auschwitz concentration camp by using brutal imagery. Book-ended by documentary footage as well as interviews with German teenagers about what they know about the Holocaust, Boll's intention is to show viewers just how depraved and sadistic life in the camp was.
- Steffen Mennekes as SS Guard
- Arved Birnbaum as SS Camp Commander
- Nik Goldman as Prisoner
- Alexis Wawerka as Oven prisoner
- Maximilian Gärtner as Young Boy
- Harold Levy as Dentist prisoner
- Uwe Boll as Nazi officer outside gas chamber
Boll also filed a lawsuit against the Berlin International Film Festival (the Berlinale) in 2011 as he objected to paying the €125 entry fee, stating "I don't believe the Berlinale handles all films fairly. Kosslick has his deals with the major studios and invites his old pals from the Filmstiftung days. There isn't fair competition".
- "Uwe Boll: Auschwitz-Film: Mut ist nicht genug - B.Z. Berlin". Bz-berlin.de. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "Gesehen: Zwei neue Filme von Uwe Boll - "Blubberella" und "Blood Rayne: The Third Reich"". Oliblog.blogg.de. 2011-08-18. Archived from the original on 2012-03-19. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- ""Auschwitz": Uwe Boll zeigt Skandalfilm - FILMSTARTS". Filmstarts.de. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- Hall, Allan (2010-11-12). "Holocaust film boycotted for being 'too gruesome'". London: Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- Kate Connolly in Berlin (2010-11-12). "German director's Holocaust film causes outrage | World news". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- Roxborough, Scott. "Director Uwe Boll to Sue Berlinale for 'Unfair Competition' (Berlin)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "Eklat um Auschwitz-Film: Boll-Werk gegen Berlinale - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Kultur". Spiegel.de. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
|This article related to a German film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|