|State||State of Colorado|
|Elevation||5,043 ft (1,537 m)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
Austin is a small unincorporated community within the boundaries of the incorporated town of Orchard City in Delta County, Colorado, United States. There is a U.S. Post Office in Austin, the ZIP Code for which is 81410.
Ferganchick Orchard Rock Art Site, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a prehistoric archaeological site located near Austin. Starting that the beginning of the 1st century, rock art was made at the site by Archaic people, and then Uncompahgre complex and Ute people.
Austin is located at(38.781253,-107.950974).
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Prehistory of Colorado
- Eichler, Geo. R. (1977). Colorado Place Names. 77-089726: Johnson Publishing Company.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- National Register of Historic Places in Delta County American Dreams, Inc. Retrieved 2011-10-6.
- "Post offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 6 March 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- Dawson, John Frank (1954). Place names in Colorado: why 700 communities were so named, 150 of Spanish or Indian origin. Denver, CO: The J. Frank Dawson Publishing Co. p. 8.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Austin, Colorado.|