Austin-Tindall Regional Park
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Austin-Tindall Regional Park is an athletic facility located in Kissimmee, Florida. The park encompasses 115 acres (0.47 km2) of active and passive recreational areas and is located 9.5 miles (15.3 km) from the Orlando International Airport. The park is host to a variety of annual events in soccer, football, lacrosse, and rugby, and has also hosted field hockey and archery events.
The facility consists of eight fields, of which five are 75 X 120 yards (110 m) and have lights and scoreboards. Of the other three fields; one is 30 X 50 yards (46 m) and the other two are 40 X 60 yards (55 m). The facility also has a modern clubhouse that is 5,600 square feet (520 m2) and houses locker rooms, meetings rooms, rest rooms, and concession stands.
- Annual Events -
1. Various Disney Sports Soccer Events
2. United States Flag & Touch Football Championships
3. National Christian College Athletic Association Division 1 & 2 Soccer Championships
4. World Class Lacrosse Pre-Season Training
5. Soccer Six 6v6 Adult Soccer Events
6. Reeth - Puffer High School Girls Soccer Training
7. Greater Osceola United Soccer Club Spring & Fall Seasons
The park was the practice facility for the 1994 Moroccan World Cup Team and the 1996 Japanese Olympic Team. It also hosted the National Archery Association of the United States' 112th Kodak National Target Championship in August 1996.
Austin-Tindall Regional Park is widely regarded as having the best fields in Central Florida!
- Austin-Tindall Park (official site)