Austin Carlile with Of Mice and Men - Best Buy Theater, NYC 2014
|Birth name||Austin Robert Carlile|
September 27, 1987 |
Pensacola, Florida, United States
|Genres||Metalcore, post-hardcore, nu metal|
|Associated acts||Of Mice & Men, Attack Attack!, Chapters, Though She Wrote, Covette, Suicide Silence|
Austin Robert Carlile (born September 27, 1987) is an American musician from Pensacola, Florida. A graduate of Lehigh Senior High School, he was the lead vocalist for the former band Attack Attack! and is currently the lead hypeman of the nu-metal/metalcore band Of Mice & Men.
Attack Attack! (2007–08)
Carlile founded Attack Attack! in 2007 with Ricky Lortz, Andrew Whiting, Nick White, and Andrew Wetzel. On November 18, 2008, Carlile announced that "[he was no longer] in Attack Attack! anymore." When asked why, Austin responded with, "personal reasons". This post also officially announced his then-new project, Of Mice & Men. Alternative Press reported that he was fired while the band was on tour.
Of Mice & Men (2009–present)
On the same day that Carlile announced that he was no longer a part of Attack Attack!, he officially announced the formation of his new project, Of Mice & Men, with Jaxin Hall (ex-bassist). Their first release was "Seven Thousand Miles for What?". They also did a cover of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face", then soon after released "No Really, It's Fine". Soon after, Austin and Jaxin started to gather up the other members of the band. The band recruited several members of already-existing bands, such as Phil Manansala (lead guitarist) from A Static Lullaby, and Tino Arteaga (drummer) from Lower Definition. Their self-titled debut album was officially announced to be released on February 23, 2010, but was delayed until March 9 for finishes on production. In 2010, Austin was unable to tour with Of Mice & Men, because he needed to have major heart surgery, and his health prevented him from touring. Jerry Roush from Sky Eats Airplane served as the tour replacement for Austin. Roush then became a permanent substitute, even after Carlile was able to tour again. In September 2010, shortly after the departure of Craig Owens of Chiodos, rumours that Carlile would replace him circulated quickly, but were denied when Brandon Bolmer was announced as vocalist. A fake tweet from Carlile's account was produced making it seem that Carlile would be joining Chiodos as vocalist.
Carlile re-joined the band on January 3, 2011.
In November 2012, after the death of Suicide Silence singer Mitch Lucker, Carlile appeared on Ending is the Beginning: The Mitch Lucker Memorial Show singing the song O.C.D.
In the early morning of March 30, 2013, Carlile was arrested with drum technician Loniel Robinson II, he was later charged with felonious assault. The reason of the assault was that allegedly the victim had taunted Carlile about a young fan who had recently lost her battle with cancer. The band missed two shows on the "Right Back at It Again" tour with A Day to Remember and Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! as a result. Carlile's mugshot was released two days later. Carlile was released on bail and ordered not to have any contact with the victim. On April 29, 2013, Carlie's original charge of felonious assault was reduced to misdemeanor assault by the judge, and he was subsequently found guilty. He was fined $1000 plus court expenses, although $800 of the fine was suspended.
In June 2015 he underwent what was his "big and final" surgery at the heart. 
As lead singer
Main article: Attack Attack! § Discography
Main article: Of Mice & Men (band) § Discography
As featured artist
- Carlile, Austin (November 18, 2009). "No, I am not in ATTACK ATTACK anymore – Austin Carlile's MySpace Blog". MySpace. Retrieved December 30, 2009.[dead link]
- Karan, Tim (October 20, 2009). "Attack Attack! vocalist leaves band". Alternative Press. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- Reid, Sean. "Alter The Press!: Of Mice and Men Announce Debut Album Release Date". Alter the Press!. Retrieved December 30, 2009.
- Karan, Tim (2010-04-04). "Austin Carlile: "I quit Of Mice & Men"". Alternative Press. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- Bayer, Jonah (2012-12-27). "The PV Q&A: Of Mice & Men's Austin Carlile Talks Work Ethic & Drive: 'I don't think anything worth having should come free or should come easily'". PureVolume. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "When I was 18 years old, a couple of months after...". Of Mice & Men Appreciation. 2010-03-30. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "Visuals from Surgery". Of Mice & Men Appreciation. 2010-06-07. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "Statement in regards to our screamer!". Of Mice & Men's Blog. MySpace. April 5, 2010. Archived from the original on June 5, 2013.
- Shotwell, James (2010-07-04). "Austin Carlile has one request for Jerry Roush and Of Mice and Men". Alternative Press. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- Shotwell, James (2010-07-05). "Jerry Roush responds to Austin Carlile’s request". Alternative Press. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- Mahoney, Josh (February 11, 2010). "Chiodos' New Vocalist...? – Damaged Press". Damaged Press. Retrieved October 6, 2010.[dead link]
- "AUSTIN CARLILE CONFIRMED AS NEW CHIODOS VOCALIST". Strike Gently. September 26, 2009. Archived from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- Karan, Tim (January 3, 2011). "Alt Press Exclusive: Austin Carlile back in Of Mice & Men". Alternative Press. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- Zarrillo, Zack (April 1, 2013). "POZ Exclusive: Austin Carlile Arrested For Felonious Assault; Being Released From Jail Today". PropertyOfZack. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "Lead singer from of Mice & Men arrested Saturday morning – The BG News: City". The BG News. April 1, 2013. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "UPDATE: Austin Carlile Arraigned; Preliminary Hearing Scheduled For April 15". Under the Gun Review. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Shotwell, James (April 29, 2013). "Exclusive: Austin Carlie Found Guilty of Misdemeanor Assault". Spin Music, a division of SpinMedia. Retrieved April 18, 2014.
- "That's Outrageous! collaboration with Austin Carlile". Alt Press Online. Alt Press. Retrieved March 27, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Of Mice & Men (band).|