Croshere in 2007.
May 1, 1975 |
Los Angeles, California
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school||Crossroads School
(Santa Monica, California)
|NBA draft||1997 / Round: 1 / Pick: 12th overall|
|Selected by the Indiana Pacers|
|2007–2008||Golden State Warriors|
|2009||San Antonio Spurs|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NBA statistics|
|Points||4,475 (6.8 ppg)|
|Rebounds||2,649 (4.0 rpg)|
|Assists||627 (1.0 apg)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
A 6'10", hard-nosed player who can play the power forward and small forward positions, Croshere has shot 33.9% from three-point range over the course of his ten-year career. In the 1999–2000 NBA season, he had peaked at just the right time as he helped the Pacers advance to the 2000 NBA Finals, marking the Pacers' first Finals appearance since the ABA-NBA merger.
He was rewarded for his performance in the regular season and particularly the playoffs with a hefty contract, which the Pacers soon learned to regret as lamentably, Austin never fully lived up to the promise he had shown. In fairness to him, Pacers coach Isiah Thomas seldom used him during the three seasons he coached the team. Croshere played 49 games in 2002-03, averaging a career-low 12.9 minutes per game that season as he fell out of the rotation.
On September 26, 2008, Larry Bird announced that Croshere was invited to training camp with the Pacers for an opportunity at a second stint. He was waived on October 23, 2008.
Golden State Warriors
2008 was the first year in his career that Croshere did not make the playoffs.
Croshere spent the 2008-09 pre-season with his former team, the Indiana Pacers. However he was waived by the Pacers. On October 27, he was signed off waivers by the Milwaukee Bucks. He was released January 6, 2009 after averaging 3.3 points and 2.2 rebounds per game.
San Antonio Spurs
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- ESPN - Sources: Mavs deal Daniels for Croshere - NBA
- Mavs get big effort from Croshere to take care of Sonics
- "Warriors Sign Kosta Perovic And Austin Croshere To Contracts". NBA.com. 2007-08-03. Retrieved 2007-08-03.
- "Bucks claim Austin Croshere; waive Adrian Griffin". NBA.com. 2008-10-27. Retrieved 2007-10-28.
- "Bucks release Croshere". jsonline.com. 2009-01-06. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "Spurs sign Austin Croshere to 10-day contract". insidehoops.com. 2009-01-16. Archived from the original on 18 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- Austin Croshere Yahoo! Sports page Accessed 29 January 2009
- Wells, Mike (February 12, 2010). "Croshere back for 2nd career". Indianapolis Star. pp. B4. Archived from the original on February 12, 2010.