Daye during his tenure with the Pistons
|No. 15 – Cleveland Cavaliers|
June 5, 1988 |
|Listed height||6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)|
|Listed weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school||Woodbridge (Irvine, California)|
|NBA draft||2009 / Round: 1 / Pick: 15th overall|
|Selected by the Detroit Pistons|
|2014–2015||San Antonio Spurs|
|2014||→Austin Toros (D-League)|
|2015||Erie BayHawks (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Austin Darren Daye (born June 5, 1988) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). The 6'11" small forward played college basketball for Gonzaga before being drafted 15th overall by the Detroit Pistons in the 2009 NBA draft. He has previously played for the Pistons, Memphis Grizzlies, Toronto Raptors and San Antonio Spurs, while also spending time in Russia and the NBA Development League.
High school career
Daye attended Woodbridge High School in Irvine, California where he played for coach John Halagan. As a junior in 2005–06, he averaged 16 points, 9 rebounds and 3.4 blocks per game as he named to the All-CIF Southern Sectional Division II A first team and was an All-Orange County third team pick.
As a senior in 2006–07, Daye averaged 30.9 points, 12.4 rebounds and 5.4 blocks per game as he was named to the Orange County Register first team after leading Orange County in scoring. He was also named Sea View League Player of the Year, CIF-Southern Section Division I Player of the Year and calhisports.com first-team All-State.
In his sophomore season, Daye earned All-WCC Honorable Mention honors for the second straight year, in addition to earning NABC Division I All-District 9 second team honors. In 34 games, he averaged 12.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 1.1 assists and 2.1 blocks per game.
In April 2009, Daye declared for the NBA draft, forgoing his final two years of college eligibility.
On September 23, 2011, Daye signed a two-month contract with BC Khimki of the Russian Professional Basketball League. In December 2011, he returned to the Pistons following the conclusion of the NBA lockout.
On August 1, 2013, Daye signed with the Toronto Raptors. On February 20, 2014, he was traded to the San Antonio Spurs in exchange for Nando de Colo. On March 15, 2014, he was assigned to the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League. He was recalled the next day. The Spurs went on to win the 2014 NBA championship with a 4-1 defeat of the Miami Heat in NBA Finals; Daye's contributions were limited to a single rebound in six minutes playing time throughout the entire playoff run.
On January 10, 2015, Daye scored a season-high 22 points, in addition to grabbing 10 rebounds, to help the Spurs defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves, 108-93. A week later, he was waived by the Spurs. On February 16, 2015, he was acquired by the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League. On March 15, 2015, he signed a 10-day contract with the Atlanta Hawks. He then signed a second 10-day contract with the Hawks on March 25, and a multi-year contract on April 4. On July 9, 2015, he was waived by the Hawks.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- #5 Austin Daye
- 2007 LOIS ROLL IN TO GU
- Austin Daye – Yahoo! Sports
- Austin Daye Stats
- Daye declares for NBA draft: 'Basically, I want to test the waters'
- Pistons Sign Draft Picks Austin Daye, DaJuan Summers and Jonas Jerebko
- Khimki adds big man Daye
- "Grizzlies acquire Tayshaun Prince, Austin Daye, Ed Davis and 2013 second round draft pick in three-team deal". NBA.com. January 30, 2013. Retrieved January 30, 2013.
- Raptors Sign Free-Agent Austin Daye
- Spurs Acquire Austin Daye
- Spurs Assign Austin Daye to Toros
- Spurs Recall Austin Daye
- Spurs give Timberwolves 15th straight loss, 108-93
- Spurs Waive Austin Daye
- BayHawks Acquire Daye
- Hawks Sign Austin Daye to 10-Day Contract
- Hawks Sign Austin Daye to Second 10-Day Contract
- Atlanta Hawks Sign Austin Daye To Multi-Year Contract
- "Hawks Request Waivers On Austin Daye". NBA.com. July 9, 2015. Retrieved July 13, 2015.
- "Cavaliers Announce 2015-16 Training Camp Roster". NBA.com. September 28, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- Zags' Daye hopes to prove he can be physical
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Austin Daye on Twitter