Stephen F. Austin High School (Fort Bend County, Texas)
|Austin High School|
|Sugar Land, TX 77498
|School type||Public Public|
|School district||Fort Bend Independent School District|
|Enrollment||2405 (Spring 2012)|
|Color(s)||Black & Red|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class 6A|
|USNWR ranking||655/27,000 (top 2.5% in nation)|
|2011 TEA Rating||Recognized|
Stephen F. Austin High School is a secondary school located in unincorporated Fort Bend County, Texas and is named after Stephen F. Austin, who helped lead American settlement of Texas, and who is widely regarded as "The Father of Texas." The school happens to be only miles from Austin's original colony in present-day Fort Bend County.
Some areas of Sugar Land, Windsor Estates, and the eastern portion of the community of New Territory are zoned to Austin. On previous occasions employee housing units of the Jester State Prison Farm (including Jester I Unit, Carol Vance Unit, Jester III Unit) were zoned to Austin.
When Travis High School opened, some of Austin's territory was given to Travis, and Austin took some territory from Kempner High School. In the territories, grades 9 and 10 were immediately zoned to the new high school, and grades 11 to 12 continued to go to the previous high schools with a phaseout of one grade per year.
In 2006 the Smithville area of the Central Unit was rezoned from Kempner to Austin, with grades 9-10 immediately zoned to Austin, and grades 11-12 zoned to Kempner, with a phasing in by grade. Smithville had since been rezoned back to Kempner. The main portion of the Central Unit remained zoned to Austin until the unit's 2011 closure.
- Oyster Creek
- Lakeview (partial)
- Walker Station
Feeder middle schools  include:
- Macario Garcia Middle School (partial)
- Sartartia Middle School (partial)
Clubs and extracurricular activities
- Academic Decathlon
- Academic Challenge
- Academic Octathlon
- Asian Culture Club
- Band 
- Book Club
- Model United Nations (Houston Area Model United Nations)
- National FFA Organization
- Science Club
- Dawg Pause 16
- Psychology Club
- English Honor Society
- National Honor Society
- National Art Honor Society
- Spanish National Honor Society
- French National Honor Society
- International Thespian Society (Troupe 5448)
- Mu Alpha Theta
- Muslim Students Association
- DECA 
- Angels Dance Team
- Orchestra 
- Student Council
- Spanish Club
- Science Olympiad 
- Katie Armiger, country musician
- Devard Darling, football player for the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Devaughn Darling, twin brother of Devard Darling and former Florida State Seminoles.
- Jerry Hughes, football player for Texas Christian University and the Indianapolis Colts
- Simone Manuel, swimmer for Stanford University and American record holder in the 100-yard freestyle, 2016 Olympics gold medal recipient
- Adam Senn, model, actor
- Jessica Zhu, classical concert pianist
- Hayden Winkler, Brewmaster Austin,TX
- "Sugar Land Police Beat." City of Sugar Land. Retrieved on July 21, 2010.
- "High School Attendance Zones." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on July 21, 2010.
- "2003-2004 SCHOOL BUS SCHEDULE." (Archived 2011-04-30 at WebCite) Fort Bend Independent School District. . Retrieved on April 29, 2011. "Pecan Grove & Jester I, II & III"
- "High School Attendance Zones Effective Fall 2006 9th and 10th Grades." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on September 23, 2010.
- "High School Zone Effective Fall 2006 11th and 12th Grades." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on September 23, 2010.
- "2006-2007 SCHOOL BUS SCHEDULE." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on September 23, 2010.
- "High School Attendance Zones Effective Fall 2006 9th and 10th Grades." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on September 23, 2006.
- "agdist.jpg." Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Retrieved on July 21, 2010.
- Goodwin, Liz. "Texas to close prison for first time in state history". Retrieved on Aug. 4, 2011.
- "Stephen F. Austin High School Science Olympiad".
- "Devard Darling - Houston Texans - National Football League - Yahoo! Sports".
- "USATODAY.com - Devard Darling plays football for self and late brother now".
- Ryall, Jenni. "Simone Manuel overcome with emotion after historic swim for America".