Born on 6 May 1879 he was educated at Lichfield Grammar School and Christ Church, Oxford. In 1906 he studied for ordination at St Stephen's House, Oxford followed by a curacy at All Saint’s, Cheltenham. Between 1911 and 15 he was Assistant Missioner to the Gloucester Diocesan Mission before wartime service as a temporary chaplain. Following the Armistice he held incumbencies in Chalford and then Wotton-under-Edge. He was Archdeacon of Gloucester from 1943 to 1948.
He died on 28 January 1961.
- National Archives – Bishops of Tewkesbury
- Ecclesiastical News. Bishop of Tewkesbury consecrated The Times (London, England), Saturday, Feb 26, 1938; pg. 14; Issue 47929
- The Times, Tuesday, 29 Mar 1955; pg. 8; Issue 53200C; col D Resignation of the Bishop of Tewsbury
- “Who was Who” 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 071363457X
- Reference in National archives
- Right Rev. Augustine Hodson. The Times (London, England), Monday, Jan 30, 1961; pg. 12; Issue 54992
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Tewkesbury
1938 – 1955
Edward Barry Henderson
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|