|Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Austin Harris Mahone|
April 4, 1996 |
San Antonio, Texas, U.S.
Austin Harris Mahone (//; born April 4, 1996) is an independent American singer and songwriter. He is also a model signed to IMG Models. Austin has been known for his hit smash “MMM Yeah” featuring Pitbull in 2014. His most recent project titled ForMe+You, includes the hit single Lady featuring Pitbull which was a remix of Modjo’s original Lady (Hear Me Tonight). His 22 city tour, A Tour ForMe+You, kicks off May 31st in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Mahone was born on April 4, 1996 in San Antonio, Texas, the son of Michele Lee (Demyanovich) and Charles Edgar Mahone. His father died when he was a year and a half old, and he was raised by his single mother. Mahone’s ethnicity is a mix of German, English, French, and Slovak. Most of his German and English ancestry is on his father’s side, although his maternal grandmother, is also of German descent. He attended Lady Bird Johnson High School but left after freshman year and homeschooled at his grandmother's house.
2010–14: Extended Play and The Secret
Mahone began his career by posting videos on YouTube in June 2010. More music videos followed, and by January 2011 he began to build an online following. In October 2011, Mahone posted a video covering Justin Bieber's "Mistletoe". On February 14, 2012, Mahone independently released his first single, "11:11", to iTunes. On June 4, 2012, he released his debut EP, Extended Play, in Japan only, with his second single, "Say Somethin", being released worldwide the following day. On August 28, 2012, Mahone announced that he had been officially signed to Chase/Universal Republic Records. In November 2012, Mahone signed a deal to become the new "Teen Ambassador" for Lil Wayne's Trukfit fashion clothing line. He has filmed commercials for McDonald's and Hot Nuts, a Mexican snack. On December 3, 2012, Mahone released a song titled "Say You're Just a Friend" featuring rapper Flo Rida as a digital download. He later dropped the piano version of the song and revealed why he released the piano rendition of the song, explaining "I knew my fans love the original version, but I saw a lot of comments saying that they couldn't really hear my voice, so I wanted to reassure them that I can sing the song. I thought it'd be cool to not only have the original version but also the piano version and change it up."
In June 2013, Mahone released a song called "What About Love". The music video won MTV's Artists to Watch at MTV Video Music Awards, and he was chosen as one of the opening acts of Taylor Swift's Red Tour. In July 2013, Mahone featured in "Magik 2.0", a song by Becky G for The Smurfs 2 Soundtrack, it was a rendition of B.o.B's Magic. In December 2013, Mahone was named a "Digital and Brand Strategist" for Aquafina's FlavorSplash, a new line of flavored sparkling water targeted towards teens. On October 17, 2013, he kicked off his first ever headlining tour, MTV's Artist to Watch Tour. On November 13, Mahone released a song "Banga Banga" as a promotional single. "Mmm Yeah" was released as the lead single from The Secret, his second EP, on January 27, 2014. The Secret was later released on May 27, 2014. On July 25, 2014, Mahone kicked off his second headlining tour, Austin Mahone: Live on Tour. During 2014 and 2015, he continued to independently release new music for his fans. Five new songs titled "Say My Name", "Places", "Waiting For This Love", "Someone Like You" and "Torture" were released for free download through his official SoundCloud page.
2015: This Is Not The Album
Mahone starred in Becky G's music video for her song "Lovin' So Hard", whom he dated that time for five months. The video was released on May 6, 2015. On July 1, 2015, Mahone released "Dirty Work", the lead single from his upcoming debut album. In an interview with Billboard, he stated that the album will be released by the end of 2015. On September 5, 2015, it was announced that he will be joining T.I. and Pia Mia in support of Jason Derulo on his Australian tour for three dates beginning on November 20. Over the course of September and October 2015, Mahone continued to independently release new music, with the tracks "Do It Right", "On Your Way", "Not Far" and "Put It On Me" being released for free download on his Soundcloud page. In an interview with Teen Vogue on November 13, 2015, Mahone announced that he would be releasing a free mixtape before the end of the year. On December 15, 2015, Mahone revealed the title of the mixtape, This Is Not The Album. He also revealed the cover art and announced that it would be released on December 17, 2015.
2016 - Present: ForMe+You Era
In May 2016, Mahone became one of the faces of Macy's American Icons campaign. He released two singles in August 2016: "Send It" featuring Rich Homie Quan and "Way Up". On December 7th, 2016 via Facebook Live, Mahone announced his second mixtape, titled ForMe+You, which was released on December 29th, 2016. "Lady" served as the lead single, a remix of the 2001 "Lady (Hear Me Tonight)" by Modjo, featuring "Pitbull". The song was released as a preview on the 22nd of December, 2016, and released officially on the 30rd of December, 2016.
On New Year's Eve Austin performed Lady featuring Pitbull on Pitbull’s New Year's Revolution. Austin has since then performed at two Dolce & Gabbana fashion shows in Italy with his new work. He performed two shows while on the Pitbull After Dark Cruise. At the end of March 2017 he performed at POPSPRING Japan with his Hot 100 song Dirty Work which peaked at #1. He has now begun a campaign working with Fossil.
Mahone will be kicking off his A Tour ForMe+You Wednesday, May 31st starting in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl going through Thursday, June 30th, ending in Los Angeles, CA. On Friday, April 12th Austin Mahone released a new song, Creatures of the Night, with DJ and record producer Hardwell. He is currently in the studio recording with plans to release his first full length studio album.
- Extended plays
|2013||Big Time Rush||Himself||"Big Time Dreams" (Season 4, episode 12)|
|2014||The Millers||Adam (Teenage)||"Bahama Mama" (Season 1, episode 16)|
|2014||Fashion Police||Himself||"Spring Fever" (Season 9, Episode 16)|
|2012–13||Austin Mahone Takeover||Himself||Web docu-series|
|2013–14||Mahomie Madness||Himself / Judge||Web docu-series|
- "Austin Mahone, Camila Cabello Split: Teen Pop Stars Call It Quits - Us Weekly". Us Weekly.
- Caroline Sullivan. "Austin Mahone review – Bieberesque dance-pop hints at staying power". the Guardian.
- "Austin Mahone tells us a secret, his middle name.....". y100.iheart.com.
- "Person Details for Austin Harris Mahone, "Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997" — FamilySearch.org".
- "In Memory of Mary Loretta Demyanovich -- Porter Loring Funeral Home, San Antonio, TX".
- Could Austin Mahone Be Bigger Than Bieber?: Music + Books. Details. Retrieved on December 5, 2013.
- "Why You Need to Learn the Name Austin Mahone". everyjoe.com. 2013-08-23. Retrieved 2017-02-19.
- "Austin Mahone". Hollywood Life. 1996-04-04. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- Mathieu, Delaine (November 23, 2011). Interview: San Antonio teen heartthrob is a Youtube sensation, WOAI-TV Archived November 29, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Heyman, Marshall. "The Boys Who Would Be Bieber". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved April 30, 2013.
- Bragg, Roy (November 27, 2011). Texas teen becomes viral celebrity through YouTube, Houston Chronicle
- (November 2, 2011). Justin Bieber's 'Mistletoe' Gets Covered By YouTube Star Austin Mahone, RyanSeacrest.com
- "11:11 - Single". iTunes. Austin Mahone. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- "Extended Play (Japan Version)". iTunes. Chase Records / Cash Money Records, Inc. Archived from the original on May 25, 2014. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- Halperin, Shirley (August 28, 2012) 'Baby Bieber' YouTube Star Austin Mahone Signs to Universal Republic
- Austin Mahone Teams Up with Lil Wayne on Trukfit Clothing Line. Popdust (November 19, 2012). Retrieved on December 5, 2013.
- Austin Mahone's New McDonald's Commercial (WATCH!). Cambio (August 22, 2013). Retrieved on December 5, 2013.
- Austin Mahone Hot Nuts Commercial Video / AustinMahoneVEVO. / Food Videos / SMASHPIPE Magazine / Video and Writing Discovery / ceXaaaEmreg. Smashpipe.com. Retrieved on December 5, 2013. Archived December 12, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "New Song: Austin Mahone Featuring Flo Rida, 'Say You're Just A Friend'". MTV. December 3, 2012. Retrieved October 23, 2015.
- "TWIST Exclusive: Austin Mahone Reveals Why He Released The Piano Version of "Say You're Just a Friend"!". TWIST. Retrieved October 23, 2015.
- "Austin Mahone Releases 'What About Love' Music Video (WATCH)". huffington post. Retrieved October 23, 2015.
- Montgomery, James. "Austin Mahone Takes Over MTV's Twitter Account This Thursday!". MTV. Retrieved April 30, 2013.
- "Austin Mahone To Open Taylor Swift Tour". oceanUP.com. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Britney Spears' "Ooh La La" & G.R.L.'s "Vacation": Hear The 'Smurfs 2′ Songs".
- "Austin Mahone Named Digital & Brand Strategist For Aquafina's FlavorSplash: Inside the 17-Year-Old's First Strategy Meeting (Exclusive)". Billboard. 2013-12-04. Retrieved 2014-05-30.
- Vena, Jocelyn. "Austin Mahone Gets His Own Tour: Check Dates Here!". MTV. MTV. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "Austin Mahone to release new single 'Banga! Banga!'". Digital Journal. Retrieved 26 September 2015.
- "OUR TOUR STARTS THIS MONTH!!". Twitter. Austin Mahone. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "Austin Mahone OFFICIAL". Soundcloud. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- "Becky G & Austin Mahone are Impossibly Adorable in 'Lovin' So Hard' Video: Watch". Billboard. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "DIRTY WORK COMES OUT ON JULY 10". Twitter. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "Austin Mahone: New Album Coming 'Before The End of the Year'". Billboard. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- Mahone, Austin. "Facebook post". Facebook. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- Marsh, Ariana. "Austin Mahone Has a Very Special Present for Fans This Holiday Season". Teen Vogue. Teen Vogue. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- mahone, Austin. "Twitter status". Twitter. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Elizabeth, De. "Austin Mahone's "Send It" and "Way Up" Are Here: Listen Now". Teen Vogue. Teen Vogue. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- Villa, Lucas. "Listen: Austin Mahone works his magic on Modjo's 'Lady' with Pitbull". axs. www.axs.com/. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- "Austin Mahone on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 7 December 2016.
- "Austin Mahone on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Jason Derulo Tour". * Jason Derulo Tour. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Austin Mahone.|