Peck in 2010 at the Daytime Emmy Awards
April 9, 1971 |
|Spouse(s)||Tara Crespo (2000–2009; 2 sons)
Terri Conn (2011-present; 2 daughters)
Jeffrey Austin Peck (born April 9, 1971) known professionally as Austin Peck, is an American actor. He is best known for his work in daytime soap operas.
Peck was born in Honolulu, Hawaii and moved to San Francisco at age eight after his parents divorced. He briefly attended Santa Monica High School where he played football as a linebacker on the frosh/sophomore team in 1986–87. He left school to pursue acting and did not graduate from Santa Monica in 1989. He began modeling and appeared in magazines Esquire, GQ and Vogue.
In his spare time, Peck writes poetry and draws figures and caricatures. He is currently illustrating a book based on the lives of his two sons, A.J. (born July 11, 2002) and Roman (born February 2005). Peck and his wife, Tara Crespo, filed for divorce in July 2009.
In June 2010, Peck and his former As the World Turns co-star, Terri Conn officially came out as a couple at the 37th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards. Their relationship was covered in the February 15, 2011 and March 8, 2011 issues of Soap Opera Digest magazine. The February Valentine's Day issue included an interview with Peck, covering his move to One Life to Live, along with his relationship with Conn. The issue includes two candid photos of the couple within the article, as well as a cover shot with the caption, "Exclusive: Real-Life Loves Reunite."
Peck was a recast to the role, and succeeded Patrick Muldoon for the role of Austin. Peck has become the most-associated with the role of Austin and became a fan favorite during his time on the show, reportedly getting the most fan mail of anyone in the Days cast. He appeared on the cover of Playgirl and YM. Peck, along with Days co-star Christie Clark who plays Carrie, won the Soap Opera Digest Award for Hottest Romance.
In November 2006, Peck relocated to New York City to assume the role of Brad Snyder on the CBS daytime drama As the World Turns. He first aired in January 2007. In August 2009, it was revealed that Peck would be released from his contract and his character was killed off in October of that year. Peck continued to air as Brad's ghost through December 2009.
Peck has guest starred on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Charmed, The District, Are You A Serial Killer, as well as the 2006 movie Dating Games People Play and 2009's The Blue Tooth Virgin. He has also appeared in the acclaimed off-Broadway play The Irish Curse.
- Daytime roles
- Austin Reed on Days of Our Lives (April 13, 1995 – April 5, 2002; September 20, 2005 – October 26, 2006)
- Brad Snyder on As the World Turns (January 19, 2007 – December 25, 2009)
- Rick Powers on One Life to Live (March 25, 2011 – January 12, 2012)
- "One Life To Live's Terri Conn And Austin Peck Engaged. (Updated!)". Soaps.com. 2011-07-05.
- "TV : The Loop". Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Austin Peck lands role on One Life to Live!". Michael Fairman On-Air On-Soaps. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Image: 2011sodfeb15a.jpg, (520 × 750 px)". terriconnfansite.com. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- Sloane, Stephanie. "Living Life: Austin Peck returns to daytime in a new role on ONE LIFE TO LIVE, where real-life love Terri Conn (Aubrey) toils, too." Soap Opera Digest, February 15, 2011, pages 30-31.
- "Couple Corner: Kitchen Confidential", Soap Opera Digest, March 8, 2011, pages 66-67.
- "Austin Peck and Terri Conn Expecting Daughter". Daytime Confidential. 2012-08-11.
- "ATWT FAVES WELCOME DAUGHTER". Soap Opera Digest.com. 2015-07-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Austin Peck.|
- Austin Peck at the Internet Movie Database
- Soap Opera Digest Official Bio
- Austin Peck Official Website
- The Official Blue Tooth Virgin Website
- Dating Games People Play Website