|No. 88 New York Jets|
|Date of birth:||September 29, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Fox Island, Washington|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||260 lb (118 kg)|
|High school:||Gig Harbor (WA)|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 2 / Pick: 38|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 6, 2016|
Austin Edward Seferian-Jenkins (born September 29, 1992) is a American football tight end for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Washington.
Regarded as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Seferian-Jenkins was ranked as the No. 2 tight end prospect in his class, behind Nick O'Leary and ahead of Jace Amaro. He chose his home-state school Washington over offers from Alabama, Miami (FL), Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Southern California, and Texas.
As a true freshman in 2011, Seferian-Jenkins started 10 of 13 games and had 41 receptions for 538 yards and six touchdowns. He also played basketball as a freshman. In his sophomore season, Seferian-Jenkins recorded 69 receptions for 852 yards and 7 touchdowns. He finished third in the Mackey Award voting. Upon completing his sophomore season, Seferian-Jenkins had already set Washington records for receptions (110), receiving yards (1,390) and touchdowns (13) for the tight end position. On August 12, 2013, Seferian-Jenkins suffered a broken pinkie during practice. Coach Steve Sarkisian announced the next day that Seferian-Jenkins will have to undergo surgery to repair the broken pinkie. Following Washington's win in the 2013 Fight Hunger Bowl Seferian-Jenkins announced he would leave school early and enter the 2014 NFL Draft.
2014 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 1⁄2 in||262 lb||33 3⁄4 in||9 3⁄4 in||4.56 s||37 1⁄2 in||20 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine except 40 yd dash and Vertical from private workout|
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seferian-Jenkins was selected in the second round, 38th overall, in the 2014 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In his rookie season he played 9 games making 21 catches for 221 yards and 2 touchdowns until his season was cut short by an injury, landing him on the team's Injured Reserve list. In 2015, Seferian-Jenkins played 7 games with 338 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns.
New York Jets
On March 9, 2013, Seferian-Jenkins was cited for driving under the influence in the University District of Seattle. In July 2013, he pleaded guilty to DUI and served a day in jail. The football team suspended Seferian-Jenkins for 1 game, the Huskies' 2013 season opener against Boise State.
He was also cited for DUI on the morning of Friday September, 23 2016. He was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the same day.
- Rivals.com tight ends 2011
- Washington tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins will play basketball
- "Austin Seferian-Jenkins Stats - Washington - ESPN". Espn.go.com. 1992-09-29. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- "ND's Eifert wins Mackey Award over Seferian-Jenkins, Ertz | UW Huskies Insider - The News Tribune". Blog.thenewstribune.com. 2012-12-05. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- "Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- Hinnen, Jerry (August 13, 2013). "Austin Seferian-Jenkins breaks pinkie, will have surgery". CBSSports.com. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- Jude, Adam (2013-12-27). "UW's Austin Seferian-Jenkins declares for NFL Draft | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times". Blogs.seattletimes.com. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- "NFL Draft - 2014 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- Nolan Nawrocki (2013-02-13). "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Austin Seferian-Jenkins". Nfl.com. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- "Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Washington Huskies - 2016 Player Profile". Rotoworld.com. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- Orr, Conor. "Austin Seferian-Jenkins arrested on DUI charge". NFL.com.
- "Buccaneers Waive TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins". Buccaneers.com.
- Allen, Eric. "Jets Claim TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins". NewYorkJets.com.
- Carter, Mike (2013-03-10). "UW football tight-end Seferian-Jenkins arrested for DUI | The Today File | Seattle Times". Blogs.seattletimes.com. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- Jude, Adam (2013-07-25). "Report: UW's Seferian-Jenkins has served his day in jail | Husky Football Blog | Seattle Times". Blogs.seattletimes.com. Retrieved 2016-08-30.
- "Washington Star Tight End Arrested". Huffington Post. March 10, 2013.