Austinburg Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|Austinburg Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio|
Township building with fire department and church in the background
Location of Austinburg Township in Ashtabula County
|• Total||25.0 sq mi (64.7 km2)|
|• Land||24.8 sq mi (64.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||807 ft (246 m)|
|• Density||89/sq mi (34.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085720|
Located in the northwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Saybrook Township - north
- Plymouth Township - northeast corner
- Jefferson Township - east
- Lenox Township - southeast corner
- Morgan Township - south
- Trumbull Township - southwest corner
- Harpersfield Township - west
- Geneva Township - northwest corner
Name and history
It is the only Austinburg Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Austinburg township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.