Austintown Fitch High School
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Austintown Fitch High School|
|4560 Falcon Drive
Austintown, Ohio 44515
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Austintown Local Schools|
|Teaching staff||92.68 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.75|
|Color(s)||Navy and Scarlet|
|Athletics conference||All American Conference|
|Mascot||Freddy and Frieda Falcon|
|Rivals||Boardman High School, Chaney High School|
Austintown Fitch High School (aka Fitch, AFHS or sometimes FHS) is a public high school in Austintown, Ohio, near Youngstown, USA. It is the only high school in the Austintown Local School District. The school nickname is the Falcons, with mascots being Freddie and Frieda Falcon. They were a member of the Federal League, but as of the 2011-2012 school year, are a member of the White Division of the All-American Conference in all sports except football, where they will become an Independent. The first year in the current school was 1968, with the first graduating class in June 1969. The old high school, now defunct Austintown Middle School, is on Mahoning Avenue in West Austintown.
Clubs and activities
Speech and Debate Team State Champs 1993-1996
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
Ohio High School Bowling Conference State Championships
- Irving "Huck" Holdash, '47, first-team All-American center and linebacker in 1950
- Phil Keaggy '70, member of Glass Harp
- Mike Trgovac '77, Green Bay Packers defensive line coach
- Wally Bell, '83, MLB umpire
- Jeff Wilkins '90, retired St. Louis Rams NFL placekicker
- Mike McGlynn '03, Indianapolis Colts offensive guard
- Dan Gerberry '04, Detroit Lions center
Notes and references
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Fitch High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- "Executive Board Pre-File Application". OhioJCL.org - June 2007. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on June 17, 2007. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- "OJCL Constitution". OhioJCL.org - July 2002. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on July 21, 2002. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
... by paying both OJCL annual chapter dues and any annual chapter membership dues required by NJCL.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Basketball A". Archived from the original on 13 January 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Archived from the original on 31 December 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- ohiohighschoolbowling.com Archived May 13, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.