This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Australia Ensemble at UNSW|
|Former name||Australia Ensemble|
Australia Ensemble at UNSW is an Australian Chamber Group active since 1980.
The group was founded in 1980 as the University of New South Wales Ensemble after a proposal put to the University of New South Wales by musicologist Roger Covell and clarinettist Murray Khouri, then colleagues at the University. Its current Artistic Chair is Paul Stanhope who took over from Covell in 2014. In October 1983 the University of New South Wales Ensemble was renamed the Australia Ensemble, Resident at the University of New South Wales.
Since that time it has occupied a prominent position in Australian music, frequently touring in addition to a Sydney-based concert series. International performances have taken the ensemble to the USA, the UK, the then Soviet Union, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, the Netherlands, Poland, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan, China, India, South America, South Korea, Vietnam and Thailand. The Ensemble collaborates with major Australian and international performers, and frequently performs new works by Australian composers.
- 1980- Irina Morozova, Viola
- 1982- Dene Olding, Violin
- 1983- Geoffrey Collins, Flute
- 1991- Julian Smiles, Cello
- 1992- Dimity Hall, Violin
- 2000- Ian Munro, Piano
- 2018- David Griffiths, Clarinet
- 1980-1985 Murray Khouri, Clarinet
- 1980-1981 John Harding, Violin
- 1980-1990 David Pereira, Cello
- 1980-1998 David Bollard, Piano
- 1980-1982 David Stanhope, Horn and Piano
- 1986 Donald Westlake, guest Clarinet
- 1987-1991 Nigel Westlake Clarinet
- 1992-1994 Alan Vivian, Clarinet
- 1995 - 2014 Catherine McCorkill, clarinet
- 2015 - David Griffiths, Associate Artist