Australia Pacific Airports Corporation

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Australia Pacific Airports Corporation Limited
Private
IndustryAirports
Founded1995[1]
Headquarters,
Area served
Australia
Key people
Don Mercer, Chairman[2]
Chris Woodruff, CEO[2]
RevenueIncrease A$642 million (2012-13)[3]
Increase A$202 million (2012-13)[3]
DivisionsAustralia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Ltd
Australia Pacific Airports (Launceston) Pty Ltd
Websitemelbourneairport.com.au/about-melbourne-airport/corporate-information/overview.html

Australia Pacific Airports Corporation Limited (APAC) is an unlisted company and owner of two Australian airports: Melbourne Airport and Launceston Airport. Each airport is operated by an airport lessee company, in which APAC has a controlling interest: Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Ltd and Australia Pacific Airports (Launceston) Pty Ltd respectively.[4]

APAC acquired the lease for Melbourne Airport for $1.307 billion on 2 July 1997, and a 90% stake in Launceston Airport for $18.8 million on 29 May 1998. Launceston City Council owns the remaining 10% of Launceston Airport.[1] Each airport is under a fifty year long term lease from the Australian Government, with options for a further forty-nine years.[2]

The company is majority Australian owned by five Australian fund managers:

The Chief Executive Officer is Lyell Strambi.[5]

APAC makes money from charging landing fees to airlines, from retail operations and office accommodation within its airports and from parking fees. Most aspects of pricing at both airports are monitored by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, and the Federal Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government has jurisdiction over airport planning, environmental management and aviation safety and security. These were part of the conditions of privatisation of the airports.

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b "1997-1998 Annual Report" (PDF). Australia Pacific Airports Corporation Limited. 1998. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 July 2008. Retrieved 30 June 2008.
  2. ^ a b c "Melbourne Airport — Corporate / Annual Reports". Melbourne Airport. Archived from the original on 19 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
  3. ^ a b "Australia Pacific Airports Corporation Annual Report 2013" (PDF) (Press release). Australia Pacific Airports Corporation Limited. 2013-07-01. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
  4. ^ "Towards a National Aviation Policy Statement" (PDF). Melbourne Airport. 7 July 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
  5. ^ Australian Aviation

External links[edit]