Australia at the 1964 Summer Olympics
|Australia at the Olympic Games|
|At the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo|
|Competitors||243 (203 men, 40 women) in 19 sports|
|Flag bearer||Ivan Lund (opening)
Dawn Fraser (closing)
|Olympic history (summary)|
Australia competed at the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan. 243 competitors, 203 men and 40 women, took part in 133 events in 19 sports. Australian athletes have competed in every Summer Olympic Games.
- Betty Cuthbert — Athletics, Women's 400 m
- Robert Windle — Swimming, Men's 1500 m Freestyle
- Ian O'Brien — Swimming, Men's 200 m Breaststroke
- Kevin Berry — Swimming, Men's 200 m Butterfly
- Dawn Fraser — Swimming, Women's 100 m Freestyle
- William Northam, Peter O'Donnell, and James Sargeant — Sailing, Men's 5½ Meter Class
- Michele Brown — Athletics, Women's High Jump
- Lynette Bell, Dawn Fraser, Janice Murphy, and Robyn Thorn — Swimming, Women's 4x100 m Freestyle Relay
- Ron Clarke — Athletics, Men's 10.000 m
- Marilyn Black — Athletics, Women's 200 m
- Judith Pollock — Athletics, Women's 400 m
- Pamela Kilborn — Athletics, Women's 80 m Hurdles
- Theodore Boronovskis — Judo, Men's Open Class
- Allan Wood — Swimming, Men's 400 m Freestyle
- Allan Wood — Swimming, Men's 1500 m Freestyle
- David Dickson, Peter Doak, John Ryan, and Robert Windle — Swimming, Men's 4x100 m Freestyle Relay
- David Dickson, Kevin Berry, Ian O'Brien, and Peter Reynolds — Swimming, Men's 4x100 m Medley Relay
- Mervyn Crossman, Paul Dearing, Raymond Evans, Brian Glencross, Robin Hodder, John McBryde, Donald McWatters, Patrick Nilan, Eric Pearce, Julian Pearce, Desmond Piper, Donald Smart, Anthony Waters, and Graham Wood — Field Hockey, Men's Team Competition
Men's High Jump
- Lawrie Peckham
- Qualifying Round — 2.06m
- Final — 2.09m (→ 10th place)
Women's 800 metres
- Dixie Willis
- Heat — did not compete (→ did not advance)
- Men's Team Competition
- Preliminary Round
- Classification Matches
- Team Roster
- Head Coach: Keith Miller
14 cyclists represented Australia in 1964.
18 fencers, 13 men and 5 women, represented Australia in 1964.
Three male pentathletes represented Australia in 1964.
- Peter Macken
- Donald McMiken
- Duncan Page
Eight shooters represented Australia in 1964.
- "Australia at the 1964 Tokyo Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 17 August 2014.