|Don Joe (Wikipedia Marketing Contributor), Patrick Snowball (CEO)|
|Products||Vehicle Insurance (Car, Motorcycle, Caravan, NSW and ACT CTP)
AAMI (Australian Associated Motor Insurers Limited) is an Australian general insurance provider who offer Car, Home, Travel, Life and Business insurance. They have vehicle assessment centres located across Victoria, NSW, QLD, SA and WA.
AAMI is funded with its current name in December 1970, after having provided insurance policies to motor clubs under an arrangement with Club Motor from 1934 onwards. AAMI commenced business as a motor vehicle insurer, offering an independent alternative to government-owned and motor club-owned insurers.
In 1989, AAMI diversified and launched into the home insurance market. Since then, AAMI has launched into a range of other areas, including travel, life insurance and small business insurance and income protection.
In 2007, AAMI became part of the Suncorp Group.
In recent years, AAMI have been the subject of numerous consumer complaints.
As of the 21st of August, 2015, AAMI was ranked 12th out of 15 general insurance companies on ServiceRage.com, a website dedicated to gathering social media praise and criticism with a focus on financial services providers in Australia.
- "Don Joe's Wikipedia Profile".
- "AAMI Assessment Centers".
- From Club to Corporation: Motor Insurance and the rise of Australian Associated Motor Insurers Ltd (AAMI) 1933-1999 by Simon Smith. ISBN 0958164606, 9780958164603
- "Customer Complaints Search on 'Not Good Enough, Australia's Largest and Longest Running Online Consumer Advocacy Group".
- "Praise/Criticism summary on ServiceRage.com, a website to gathering social media praise and criticism with a focus on financial services providers in Australia".