Australian Aviation (magazine)
Cover of the August 2007 edition
|Managing editor||Gerard Frawley|
|Circulation||14,900 monthly (2012)|
|Publisher||Phantom Media Pty Ltd|
|Based in||Manuka, Canberra|
Gerard Frawley is the current editor. Frawley became managing editor in March 2005, after he (and business partners Lee-Anne Simm and Andrew McLaughlin) formed Phantom Media Pty Ltd to purchase Australian Aviation from Jim Thorn.
The magazine today
The magazine is currently Australia's largest selling aviation magazine by volume.
The magazine publishes eleven editions a year (January/February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December).
It covers a wide range of aviation-related areas, from civil aviation to defence, safety, airlines, airports, as well as aircraft reviews. As of the November 2008 edition, the format of the magazine has been re-designed, as well as increased in size to A4.
It is also available electronically.
- Gerard Frawley, managing editor
- Andrew McLaughlin, deputy editor
- Ellis Taylor, reporter
- Tony Arbon, civil aircraft register columnist
- Macarthur Job, air safety writer
- Geoffrey Thomas, contributing writer & contrails columnist
- "Our staff & writers". Phantom Media. Archived from the original on 25 March 2013.
- "About Australian Aviation". Phantom Media. Archived from the original on 14 January 2012.
- Gerard Frawley Pipi Profile
- Andrew McLaughlin Profile on Wotnews Archived 6 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Record in Civil Aviation Catalogue
- Yahoo News blog Archived 10 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine.