Australian Dance Council
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Australian Dance Council—Ausdance is a national dance advocacy organisation. Ausdance represents the Australian dance profession—a talented, multi-skilled and internationally admired group of dance professionals who perform, create, present, teach, educate, write and research. Ausdance is a network of organisations including Ausdance National, Ausdance NSW, Ausdance ACT, Ausdance Vic, Ausdance Qld, Ausdance SA and Ausdance WA.
Ausdance's mission is to educate, inspire and support the dance community to reach its potential as a dynamic force within local, national and international communities. Ausdance:
- provides leadership in dance education, advocacy, policy development and debate.
- provides a national voice for dance development in Australia.
- champions innovation, creativity and diversity in dance.
- encourages access to and understanding of dance in communities throughout Australia.
- assists in identifying and promoting all dance traditions that exist in Australia, in recognition of their cultural importance.
- fosters international links with dance and dance-related organisations.
Ausdance National works to:
- Communicate the valuable contribution dance makes to the lives of all Australians.
- Support sustainable careers through industry partnerships and skills development programs.
- Share best practice standards for safe dance, teaching methodology and business practice.
- Foster international networks that provide career opportunities for Australian dance artists.
- Encourage discussion about the value and purpose of dance by publishing writing, research and good news.
Ausdance National provides a broad range of services, forums, publications and opportunities including
- The National Dance Forum
- Safe Dance® research and info sheets for Safe Dance® practice, dance teaching methodology and business practice.
- Australian guidelines for teaching dance
- Ausdance Peggy van Praagh Choreographic Fellowship
- Keith Bain Choreographic Travel Fellowship
- World Dance Alliance–Asia Pacific networking and academic publishing
- Dance insurance
Ausdance National is a member of the National Advocates for Arts Education (NAAE).
|This article related to an Australian trade union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|