Australian Faunal Directory
The Australian Faunal Directory (AFD) is an online catalogue of taxonomic and biological information on all animal species known to occur within Australia. It is a program of the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities of the Government of Australia. By May 12, 2021, the Australian Faunal Directory has collected information about 126,442 species and subspecies. It includes the data from the discontinued Zoological Catalogue of Australia and is regularly updated. Started in the 1980s, it set a goal to compile a "list of all Australian fauna including terrestrial vertebrates, ants and marine fauna" and create an "Australian biotaxonomic information system".
- "Australian Faunal Directory". BugGuide. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "Australian Faunal Directory". 13 May 2021. Retrieved 13 May 2021.
- Davie, P. J. F., A. Wells, and W. W. K. Houston. Zoological Catalogue of Australia. 19.3B, 19.3B. Collingwood, Vic: CSIRO, 2002, p. XIII.
- Australian Biological Resources Study, and Australia. Australian Faunal Directory. Canberra, ACT: Dept. of the Environment and Heritage, 2000.
- Commonwealth Record, Volume 5, Issues 26-34, p. 1282. Australian Government Publishing Service, 1980.