Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations
|Focus||HIV, advocacy, policy, health promotion|
|Australia / Asia-Pacific|
|Rob Lake (Executive Director) Willie Rowe (President)|
The Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations (AFAO), an Australian non-profit organisation, is the national federation for the community response to HIV in Australia. AFAO advocates for its member organisations, promotes medical and social research into HIV/AIDS and its effects, develops and formulates policy on HIV/AIDS issues, and provides HIV policy advice to Commonwealth, State and Territory Governments.
AFAO’s members are:
- the eight State and Territory AIDS Councils;
- the National Association of People with HIV Australia (NAPWHA);
- the Australian Injecting and Illicit Drug Users League (AIVL);
- Anwernekenhe National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander HIV/AIDS Alliance (ANA); and
- Scarlet Alliance, Australian Sex Workers Association.
- "What we do". Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations. 30 September 2011. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations (AFAO)". HealthInsite Australian government health information portal. Retrieved 1 May 2013. External link in
- "Asian HIV epidemic is here: AFAO". Star Online. 31 August 2011. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Financing of HIV response under review". Vientiane Times. 14 March 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- About Us, National LGBTI Health Alliance, Australia