Australian International Film Festival
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An earlier festival with this name was renamed to Canberra International Film Festival.
- Golden Spotlight Award, the Best Feature Film and Best Short Film
- Silver Spotlight Award, winner in other core categories
- Best Feature Film: Self-Medicated (US), directed by Monty Lapica
- Best Australian Film: Puppy (Australia) Kieran Galvin
- Best International Film: Beautiful Dreamer (US), directed by Terri Farley-Teruel
- Best Debut Feature: Johnny Montana (US), directed by John Gavin
- Best Director: Jaume Balagueró for Fragile (Spain)
- Best Actor: Paddy Considine for Stoned (UK), directed by Stephen Woolley
- Best Actress: Diane Venora for Self-Medicated (US) directed by Monty Lapica
- Best Cinematography: Nic Sadler for Intellectual Property (US), directed by Nicholas Peterson
- Best Editing: Rick Ray for 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama (US), directed by Rick Ray
- Best Short Film: Le génie de la boîte de raviolis / The Genie of the Ravioli Box (Switzerland), directed by Claude Barras
- "History of the website 'www.aiff.com.au'". WaybackMachine. Archived from the original on 22 April 2006. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- Official website
- 2006 List of Award Winners
- Andre Soares (15 November 2006). "Australian International Film Festival 2006 Award Winners". Alternative Film Guide. Retrieved 20 January 2007.
|This article about a film festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Melbourne-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|