Standards Australia is a standards organisation established in 1922 and is recognised through a Memorandum of Understanding with the Australian government as the peak non-government standards development body in Australia. It is a company limited by guarantee, with 73 members representing groups interested in the development and application of technical standards and related products and services. The Memorandum of Understanding between the Commonwealth and Standards Australia recognises Standards Australia as Australia’s representative on the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and the Pacific Area Standards Congress (PASC).
Standards Australia develops internationally aligned Australian standards (AS) and participates in standards-related activities that deliver benefit to the nation. Standards Australia and Standards New Zealand work together to develop joint standards (AS/NZS). Standards Australia is also the Principal Sponsor of the Australian International Design Awards.
In 2003 Standards Australia sold its commercial businesses to SAI Global Limited and SAI Global Ltd was floated on the Australian Stock Exchange. Initially it retained a 40% interest in SAI Global, but progressively sold this shareholding down to zero, enabling it to focus exclusively on its core business of developing and managing its collection of approximately 7000 Australian standards and representing Australia's interests in international standardisation. In 2016 SAI Global was acquired by Baring Private Equity Asia and delisted from the ASX. 
- AS/NZS 5033 Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) arrays
- AS/NZS 3000 Electrical installations (known as the Australian/New Zealand Wiring Rules)
- AS/NZS 3112 Plug and socket outlets
- AS/NZS ISO 31000 Risk management - Principles and guidelines
- AS/NZS 3500 Plumbing and drainage Set
- AS/NZS 3788 Requirements of pressure equipment
- AS/NZS 1768 Surge Protection
- "About Standards Australia". Standards Australia. 1998-04-10. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "FAQ Standards Australia". Standards Australia. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "AS_NZS 3788: 2006 Pressure equipment - In-service inspection". SAI Global. Retrieved September 4, 2015.