Australian cricket team in Pakistan in 1979–80
There was some original doubt whether the tour would go ahead due to financial problems. Eventually the tour guarantee was increased and the amount of games played cut from eight matches to five.
- Batsmen - Greg Chappell (captain), Kim Hughes (vice-captain), Allan Border, Graham Yallop, Bruce Laird, Julien Wiener, David Hookes,
- Fastbowlers - Dennis Lillee, Geoff Dymock, Mick Malone
- Spinners - Graeme Beard, Ray Bright
- Wicketkeeper - Rod Marsh
- 1st Test at National Stadium, Karachi – Pakistan won by 7 wickets
- 2nd Test at Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad – match drawn
- 3rd Test at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore – match drawn
The tour was Javed Miandad's first series win as test captain of Pakistan. It was a notable personal success for Allan Border who scored over 600 runs, and a disappointment for David Hookes, who only scored 10 runs for the whole tour.